Health and Nutrition Team Leader at World Vision
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Purpose of the position:
To Provide technical leadership and coordination of Health and Nutrition interventions in WV Tanzania areas of operations to ensure realization of Our Promise.
Leads NO health technical approach development, ensuring alignment with regional and global HN strategies, to include advocacy and M&E and integration with other sectors and functional areas. Provides guidance to field staff for quality HN programming implementation. Determines NO HN capacity gaps and develop capacity building plan with regional assistance. Seeks opportunities for HN implementation research, and communicates learnings from programming. Plays a key role in representing WVT at key H&N technical meetings and with the donors, and will liaise with the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (or their equivalents), including liaison on behalf of WVT with Health and Nutrition Authorities, as well as various related NGO partners. Maintains situation awareness of potential public health emergencies and ensures readiness for sector response.
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Major Responsibilities: (please define in output format – 1-10 things of what you expect to see as a result of this position)
(Accounatbilities and Results)
|Weight (%)||End Results Expected|
||20%||WVT health technical approach aligned with regional and global HN strategy, and represent the best possible address of Tanzania contexts.
Quality assurance of H&N programming in NO
Field staff involved in H&N programming adequately guided to understand H&N technical approach and minimum standards, and supported to meet these
||10%||WVT has a capacity building plan and have technically skilled staff who are equipped to perform their jobs|
|3||Learning and Evidence Base Development, Dissemination and Knowledge Management
||5%||There is documentation of proven practice, operations research and learnings which can be scaled up in programs
Implementation of evidence based learnings translates into improved programming impact on health initiatives
||15%||There are increased relevant grant opportunities identified for WVT and are in the grant pipeline
Proposals submitted are technically sound
||10%||APs and Grants implementation meet technical H&N requirements.
H&N program implementation meets minimum standards
||5%||WVT influence on H&N advocacy agenda in the country is improved|
|7||Networking, Partnering, and External Representation
||10%||WVT influence on the health agenda to external partners, donors, academia and civil society organizations, is strengthened in the Tanzania|
||5%||WVT is adequately prepared for potential public health emergencies|
|9||Team Performance Management
||10%||National H&N technical staff are supported in their roles|
|10||Core Values and Stewardship
PROFILE: Core Capabilities: (proficiency levels; 1=developing 2 =proficient 3=advanced)
|Core Capability||Proficiency level
(1, 2, 3)
|Examples of advanced proficiencies
(A full list of indicators available in Core Capabilities into Job Descriptions – A Manager’s Guide)
|Achieving quality results and service||3||3||Example:Takes initiative to focus on quality outcomes and services to beneficiaries and customers
Effectively communicate with others to create shared meaning and understanding
|Practicing accountability and integrity||3||3|
|Communicating information effectively||3||3|
|Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly||3||3||Example: Analyses issues and events, organizing information within its context for maximum effect
Understanding various sectors of the humanitarian industry, key stakeholders and operational context and issues
Identify better approaches to work and create opportunities for change
|Understanding the Humanitarian industry||3||3|
|Understanding WV’s mission & operations||2||2|
|Practicing innovation & change||3||3|
|Demonstrating Christ-centered life and work||3||3||Example:Models a life style of Christ centred witness and service
Routinely look for opportunities to learn, improve, change and grow
|Learning for growth and development||3||3|
|Maintaining work/life balance||2||2|
|Building collaborative relationships||3||3||Example:|
|Practicing gender & cultural diversity||3||3|
|Influencing individuals & groups||3||3|
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required:
- Master Degree in Public Health, Nutrition or related field; in most situations a doctoral degree preferred, with at least 5 years practical experience in Public health programming with a reputable organization
- A deep knowledge of the health and nutrition issues that affect the country, with significant H&N experience in the country
- Knowledge and skills in health data management/monitoring & evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, demonstrated leadership and good management ability
Additional work experience (minimum requirement):
- 5+ years experience in public health programs
- Proven experience in managing community health and nutrition projects
3. Experience leading and managing a professional technical team
Preferred: Skills, knowledge and Experience
Other technical skills and abilities:
- Training, facilitation and coordination skills
- Proposal/concept papers development for fund raising
- Research, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Needs assessment and report writing skills
- Experience in developing successful, community-based Health, Nutrition and HIV&AIDS programs
- Ability to build partnerships/networks with other stake holders
- Multi-sectoral/integrated program design and implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong aptitude for organizational change, participatory and servant leadership, innovation, learning, team building
- Keen sense of justice and gender equity
- Working knowledge of child sponsorship as a programming and support mechanism.
- Full ability to communicate cross-culturally and be cross-culturally sensitive.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 30% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 10%
Method of Application
Closing Date : 11th September, 2020.