Health and Care Programme and Monitoring Officer at HelpAge International
- Company: HelpAge International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Health and Care Programme and Monitoring Officer
HelpAge International wishes to recruit a Health and Care Programme and Monitoring Officer (HCPMO) that will be based in Dar Es Salaam with frequent field visit to support programmes implemented in collaboration with different partners.
A summary of the job purpose and person specification is indicated below while the full Job Description will be available on request for further details.
To provide support to HelpAge International’s Programme work: coordinating the effective design, development, implementation and evaluation of Tanzania programmes that address the expressed Health and Care needs of older people and people with disabilities (PwDs); provide lessons for HelpAge International and partners; and contribute to HelpAge International and WHO’s advocacy strategy on Health and Care needs of older people and People with Disabilities including WHO’s Priority Assistive Products.
We are looking for a dynamic person who is familiar with the project cycle approach with ability to contribute during needs assessment, design, monitoring and evaluation. The post holder is expected to have effective communication skills both written and verbal in English and Kiswahili with ability to engage at the grassroots level and national Government level with CSOs and relevant departments in the Government.
- A medical related degree or public health specialist with Knowledge and experience of using qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods, including key statistical packages and who have practised at least for 2 years.
- Minimum 3 years of programme implementation experience out of which 2 years must be with INGO
- Budget and financial management skills
- Experience in capacity building and working with local organizations
- Ability to coach and mentor diverse partners across several regions
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
- Communication, and reporting skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrable interest in gender and ageing issues
- Experience of closely working with the media for public awareness
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English
- Background on Assistive Technology for PwDs will be an added advantage.
Contract Period is one (1) years with potential for renewal
Method of ApplicationCandidates who meet these requirements should send an email requesting for the full Job Description before they apply. Interested applicants should afterwards send their CV with a cover letter stating how they meet the key competencies by email, to: [email protected] or [email protected]
Applications should be sent before 31 st August 2021. HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.