Health Advisor SRMNH at Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Company: Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Health Advisor SRMNH
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
The GIZ programme ‘Improving Health Care Provision in Tanzania'(IHCP) is looking to fill the position of Health Advisor in the area of Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal and Neonatal Health (SRMNH).
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Fixed term contract
- managing the area of Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal and Neonatal Health (SRMNH)(“the area of technical expertise”) under the programme objectives, team agreements and agreements with the superior
- assisting programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to the political partners(Tanzania Ministry of Health and PORALG), the commissioning party and related bodies, and to cooperate with a broad range of target groups in and outside of the Tanzanian government
- participation and representation of the programme in national forums in the area of SRMNH (e.g. Technical Working Groups(TWG)
- innovation and knowledge management
- supporting programme management on selected cross-cutting topics as assigned by the programme manager Tasks:
Advising the partner institution(s)
- advises the partner at national level for strategic and operational documents (e.g. policies, strategies, plans, guidelines, SOPs) in the area technical expertise
- contributes to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint programme activities and work at the regional level in the area of technical expertise
- deals with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the programme’s areas of activity
- develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives Coordination tasks
- Develops, implements and monitors the implementation of operational and financial plans in the area of technical expertise, and integrates them into programme-wide plans
- coordinates programme activities with programme management and advisors in other areas of expertise, and in cooperation with the partners
- supports the implementation of work packages in the area of expertise through preparing procurements of services and goods as well as grant making
- monitors progress, quality assures and supports contractors and grant recipients in implementation of their plans and activities
- compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments.
Networking and cooperation
- supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners at the national and regional level
- oversees Public Relations (PR) work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships in the area of technical expertise
- communicates local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the programme
- ensures knowledge transfer to programme information
- develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures
- draws up reports and presentation documents
- prepares appropriate input for various programme reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office
- assists with research activities and studies on issues which benefit joint programmes.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Master’s degree in medicine, with specialization in a related field (e.g. Obs/Gyn, Paediatrics): additional qualifications in SRMNH-related topics are an advantage: MSc in public or reproductive health, or similar is an added advantage
- at least 3 years of experience in health service delivery in SRMNH
- at least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- high level of professional and personal integrity
- proven ability for teamwork, co-creation and skill-transfer
- very good working knowledge of ICT and computer applications MS Office, Excel
- fluent written and oral knowledge of the English, knowledge of German is an added advantage
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to [email protected]
Please use the subject line ‘Health Advisor SRMNH’.
Closing date for submission: 15.07.2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group.