Head; Technology Infrastructure at NMB Bank
- Company: NMB Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Driving strategy and execution of operations of the bank’s technology infrastructure and ensuring operational availability, performance, scalability, recoverability, security and continuous improvement of these infrastructure.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring an enterprise-wide technology infrastructure vision, strategy, and program necessary for ensuring technology infrastructure high availability, scalability, recoverability, flexibility, etc.
- Develop short-term, medium term and long-term technology infrastructure strategies for the bank. Oversee further development and implementation of a technology infrastructure roadmap, including key prioritization and sequencing of key systems to support the bank’s strategic goals.
- In the capacity of a trusted advisor to the bank on technology aspects, participate in the formulation of the bank’s enterprise architecture and business system plans; assessing cost and feasibility, and ensuring the plan is aligned with and supports the strategic goals of the business.
- Leadership in ensuring that the infrastructure for branch power systems (i.e. UPS, Inverters, and Generators), datacenters MEP and facilities, compute, storage, networks, servers, databases and middleware are operating optimally 24/7.
- Ensure the infrastructure team is mitigating, monitoring and managing infrastructure related risks.
- Responsible for managing overall Technology Infrastructure day to day operations to improve infrastructure costs, performance and end user satisfaction.
- Identifying opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvement.
- Manage strategic relationships with key Technology product and service providers.
- Interface with business unit managers to define infrastructure support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provides infrastructure services vision, enables innovation and seeks to leverage IT trends that can create business value consistent with the bank’s requirements and expectations.
- Development of enterprise wide policies, processes and standards as well as the Technology Infrastructure operations governance and control processes.
- Conduct product and vendor evaluations ensuring best in class technologies and partners for successful business operations.
- Development and overseeing SMART metrics for the infrastructures to ensure effective capacity and performance is in place to meet or exceed business needs.
- Development of an annual OPEX & CAPEX budget and ensure it is managed and tracked appropriately.
- Manage demand and capacity for infrastructure resources.
- Ability to present technical data in a comprehensive, yet clear manner.
- Knowledge in engineered systems e.g. Visualized environment, enterprise level engineered platforms, etc.
- Sound understanding of strategic network infrastructure systems, core network, LAN/WAN and related communications systems
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills .
- Be a team player that motivates and educates other team members
- Strong Planning and organizing skills
- Project Management skills
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related academic field.
- IT professional certifications in VMware Certified Professional Datacenter Virtualization (VCP 5 DCV) , Certified Data Center Management Professional (CDCMP), ITIL Intermediate, CCNP or OCA will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience which includes 5 years at management level.
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 21st August, 2020.