Head Teacher –Nursery and Primary School at Aga Khan Education Services
- Company: Aga Khan Education Services
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKES, T), is a private, not for profit, service company registered under the Companies Act and operates three schools in Tanzania. The vision of AKES,T is to provide accessible, world-class education, which prepares students to become self-confident, open-minded articulate and ethical young people with academic qualifications to enable them to make productive contributions to their own community and their wider society. AKES,T is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
AKEST is looking to hire the following position based in Dar es Salaam:
The Head Teacher will be responsible for the pedagogical and administrative management of the Aga Khan Nursery and Primary School, Dar es Salaam, provision of high quality education and support the school’s positioning as an IB World School of excellence in Dar es Salaam
S/he will drive the academic and extra-curricular programmes of the school, provide leadership for the students and staff, monitor performance against targets and quality indicators, and oversee day-to-day operations of the school.
- In consultation with the AKES,T Leadership team, develop annual objectives, school development plan and quality indicators that ensure delivery of a relevant, high quality education.
- School management: to manage the school efficiently and effectively by ensuring compliance in curriculum systems; staff management appraisal; compensation and professional development; students discipline and holistic education; budget and finance; parental & community relations; overall school operations among other responsibilities.
- Strengthen the implementation and continued performance and success of the IB-PYP curriculum and monitor the PYP action plan, enabling the school to become a model school in the implementation of this curriculum.
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to meet and maintain authorization requirements for the IB. Where required, ensure plans for CIS accreditation are developed, tracked and target dates met.
- Ensure systems are in place for tracking individual students and their progress through the school year and through the school, identify areas where students need additional support to ensure “no child is left behind”.
- Provide policy guidance on relevant issues regarding AKES,T and abide by the code of conduct, Standard and Quality control of AKDN and AKES,T.
Applicants should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education/A post-graduate degree in Education from an accredited university and with qualifications in IB Primary Years Programme Teaching.
- At least five years’ experience in international curriculum schools, including experience in the International Baccalaureate system and at least four years as head of a primary school
- Good understanding of, and experience in, curriculum management, design, implementation and evaluation
- Understanding of 21st century education practices, strategies for raising students’ achievement and effective frameworks for school improvement planning and self-evaluation
- Experience in the developing world and in Africa will be highly desirable.
Applications should include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and names of three professional referees.
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Education Services (AKES) is one of the largest private, not-for-profit, non-denominational educational networks in the developing world. AKES currently operates over 200 pre-primary, primary, secondary, and higher-secondary schools and programmes in diverse geographic locations in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda and the United Arab Emirates. Schools offer their respective country’s national curricula; some schools in East Africa and Bangladesh also offer international curricula (IB and British). AKES employs over 3,000 teachers and educates over 75,000 students. More information…
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th November, 2020.