27 Jul 2020
Head Personal and Business Banker at Standard Bank Tanzania
Welcome to Jobweb Tanzania. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click here to subscribe for job alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Standard Bank Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Tanzania
- To be overall responsible for co-ordinating, cascading and executing the PBB strategy in country and to ensure alignment between the PBB AR strategy, country strategy and country PBB strategy
- Accountable for adhering to the PBB operating model blueprint and seeks approval from PBB Group for any customisation.
- Accountable for implementation of the strategy through skills transfer, coaching and where necessary provides subject matter expertise for deal complexity.
- Responsible for developing country specific business plans, objectives, policies and implementation of tactical solutions
- Provides input into the development of the PBB AR toolbox – for example, guidelines on client centric solutions and segmentation, operating models for all countries, learning framework, minimum standards to adhere to regulatory landscape, minimum standards, risk appetite, credit disciplines, best practice, mandates, delegation of authority, guidelines for pricing trade-off decisions, etc.
- Accountable for developing the PBB country risk appetite with Risk in country, in alignment with PBB AR Risk principles.
- Ensures the implementation and adoption of all client journey work (including product development).
- Defines the financial outcomes required in conjunction with Country CE and Regional Head, PBB in alignment with PBB AR requirements.
- Accountable for delivery of agreed financial outcomes.
- Accountable for and owns the PBB income statement and financial outcomes.
- Provides input into the PBB AR risk framework and governance based on country knowledge.
- Responsible for risk management across the value chain (e.g. operational and credit risk, cybersecurity risk and fraud risk) in alignment with countries’ risk framework.
- Accountable for satisfactory audits and ensures that there are no repeat unsatisfactory audits as gauged by operational losses – retains oversight of all risk and remediation matters.
- Provides input into the Human Capital People Plan for country in alignment with country Human Capital
- Identifies current and potential employee skill requirements in consultation with the country Human Capital function.
- Implements the approved domain requirements for PBB jobs (as approved by Regional Heads) for appointments, performance, reward and termination (and related sanctions) of critical country PBB roles in consultation with Country Human Capital and Country CE.
- Mobilises employees in order to fulfil the bank’s objectives regarding customer service; sales; people management and engagement; transformation; risk and compliance.
|Implements the approved domain requirements for PBB jobs (as approved by Regional Heads) for appointments, performance, reward and termination (and related sanctions) of critical country PBB roles in consultation with Country Human Capital and Country CE.|
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A post graduate qualification e.g. Chartered Accountant or MBA. Leadership and Development programmes and related.
- Experience in managing large business units with income statement and balance sheet accountability.
- Experience with banking / financial industry products and services.
- Preferred minimum 8-10 years of experience in leading large numbers of employees and integrating across different teams that may be geographically dispersed.
- Experience in a functional leadership role.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in a clear and concise manner appropriate for the audience in order to explain, persuade, convince and influence others to achieve the desired outcomes.
- The ability to identify patterns and concepts from complex information or situations resulting in more successful and impactful ideas.
- The ability to facilitate the creation and adoption of an appropriate risk response strategy and to assign ownership for the risk response.
- The ability to provide due consideration to risks, rewards and the cost of control measures in evaluating business opportunities, process and system changes.
- The ability to prepare quantitative and qualitative analysis on the risk landscape in the business including interpretation and analysis for use by business users.
- Understands the capital implications of the stated
- risk appetite, individual risk exposures, portfolio risk exposures, and determines capital requirements on a risk adjusted basis.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 27th August, 2020.