Head of School at Aga Khan Education Services in Tanzania (AKES, T)
- Company: Aga Khan Education Services in Tanzania (AKES, T)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
AGA KHAN EDUCATION SERVICE, TANZANIA
The Aga Khan Education Services in Tanzania (AKES, T) operates three schools, from nursery to secondary levels. Each school aims to provide a quality education that imparts a broad set of personal and intellectual skills which develops independent inquiry and critical thinking abilities. The origins of the Aga Khan schools in Tanzania go back to the 19th century when a girls’ school was started around 1905 in Zanzibar by Sir Sultan Mohamed Shah Aga Khan III. The focus of AKES in Tanzania is to implement educational programs that are designed to assist students in acquiring life skills as well as an intellectual foundation that will enable them to make their way confidently in a world increasingly characterised by globalisation and technological advancement. To meet the needs of diverse communities, AKES in Tanzania operates schools which run both National and International curricular. AKES, T is looking to hire qualified candidates for the below post based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Aga Khan Mizzima Secondary School-NECTA
Head of School
The Head Teacher will have overall responsibility for all matters related to the school and will be the final sign-off at the school-level on all financial, hiring, admissions, discipline, evaluation and academic matters in line with set approval matrix and before submission to Head-office.
The Head Teacher will be a visionary leader who will exercise an ethical and moral leadership to develop the school into a School of Choice in Dar es Salaam, improving the positioning of the school in the market by enhancing academic, co-curricular, sports and leadership programme as well as developing a school culture that emphasizes ethics and values, pluralism, spirituality and excellence.
- Curriculum delivery and tracking
- Student tracking and support
- Exam Conduct and Results Analysis
- Staff Management, Appraisals, and Professional Development
- Student Discipline.
- Budgeting and Finance, including fee collections
- Parental and Community Relations
- Schools Operations
- Special needs and relevant academic and extra-curricular program
Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Education
- Over 5 years of experience in a senior supervisory position in NECTA secondary school (both 0& A -Levels)
- Proven consistency in school work performance and National results
- With a proven track record in leadership, strategic and NECTA education administration.
Method of ApplicationApplicants should send a cover letter describing experience, along with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic certificates (certified by TCU if studied out of Tanzania) and contact information of three referees, including current Head of School or Line Manager. It should be addressed to HR – Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania and should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] , on the subject indicate the position you have applied, or via post address P.O.Box 125, Dar es Salaam. Please ensure you include an email address, a telephone number,
Closing date for applications: January 24, 2024.
The Human Resources Manager Aga Khan Education Service Tanzania PO Box 125 DARES SALAAM Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted