Head of Sales and Marketing at Marie Stopes Tanzania
- Company: Marie Stopes Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Tanzania
Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide. MST is committed to its employees, clients, child and vulnerable adults protection, and has zero tolerance to any sort of harassment. MST promotes a speaking up culture whereby employees work transparently and are empowered to report any existence or potential existence of harassment at workplaces.
MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
We are looking for active and qualified individuals for the following role: We encourage women to apply for this post.
Head of Sales and Marketing: 1 Position Dar es Salaam
The Head of Sales and Marketing (DSM) is a key member of the Executive Management Team (EMT) and reports to the Country Director. The person in this strategic position is responsible for leading, planning, coordinating, and ensuring that the overall goal of the commercial division is met. The position works closely with the rest of Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST) to support Tanzania’s efforts to reduce the incidence of maternal mortality which is amongst the highest in the world.
The Head of Sales and Marketing will be in charge of the product marketing (including social marketing), clinics service delivery channel and providing marketing, branding and demand generation support to other divisions of MST. S/He will be responsible to ensure that the division is managed and ran with the commercial sector principles, to ensure annual surplus-generation goal of MST is met. MST’s clinic network consists of eight core clinics and a hospital providing maternity services. MST currently markets one product and is expected to increase the product offering significantly in the coming months.
- Sales and Marketing of Products.
- Clinics Management and Promotion
- Develop an Integrated marketing strategy/plan and manage its implementation.
- Marketing and Communication Support to Other Departments of MST.
- Client Contact (Call) Centre Operations
- Team Leadership
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a similar position in marketing, communication and / or sales in the private sector (preferably an international company in pharmaceutical, FMCG or health services sector).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a member of a senior management team.
- A university degree in marketing or equivalent experience.
- Management / business qualification (desirable), post graduate qualification preferable.
- Successful track record of managing product and service marketing operations.
- Proven experience in managing operations at a senior management level.
- Passionate about improving access to health information and services.
- Creative and strategic thinker.
- Fluent English and Ki-Swahili, both oral and written.
- Proven ability to train and develop others.
- IT literate (use of word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook)
- Able to manage and motivate teams to achieve targets.
- Proven ability to ‘sell’ ideas, concepts.
- Ability to lead and inspire staff in internal change processes.
Method of ApplicationIf you feel that you are able to meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and Cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
Plot 421 & 422 Mwenge | Kijitonyama area
P.O.Box 7072, Dar es Salaam | Tanzania
Telephone: +255 22 2774991-4, +255 22 2702030-2
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing date: All applications should reach the addressee before Monday May 31 2021. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted