Head of Research and Innovation at APOPO
- Company: APOPO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
APOPO, a non-profit organization renowned for its innovative solutions in the fields of Mine Detection Rat (MDR) and tuberculosis detection, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team as the Head of Research and Innovation. This position presents a unique opportunity to contribute to our mission of saving lives and improving the well-being of communities worldwide.
As the Head of Research and Innovation, you will play a pivotal role in developing and advancing APOPO’s Research and Innovation department in alignment with the strategic goals of the organization. You will spearhead the design, execution, and analysis of research studies, with a focus on developing APOPO’s applications in animal scent detection. You will be responsible for leading a team of dedicated researchers, building research capacity, publishing and communicating research findings, securing financial support, and ensuring compliance with APOPO’s mission, vision, core values, and ethical standards.
- Develop APOPO’s Research department to support Innovative applications of our detection animals.
- Design, conduct, and analyze research studies and operational trials to advance APOPO’s standing as a center of excellence in animal scent detection.
- Build capacity by guiding and mentoring a team of dedicated researchers.
- Publish and communicate APOPO’s research findings, and present at relevant conferences and events.
- Secure financial support for research activities by writing grant proposals and donor liaisons.
- Actively contribute as a member of the management team, collaborating on strategic initiatives and decision-making processes.
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of programs within your department.
- Ensure strict adherence to APOPO’s mission, vision, core values, and ethical standards.
We’re looking for the following qualifications and skills:
- Ph.D. in life sciences.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of animal training and scent detection is a plus.
- Detail-oriented with a hands-on approach to research.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire and motivate a team.
- Excellent planning and organizational abilities.
- Willingness to travel as required.
And the following experience:
- 5-10 years of experience in research and development with a proven track record of developing research-to-market applications.
- A proven track record in leading research teams.
- Proficiency in writing and publishing scientific articles, and communicating research findings effectively.
- Experience in securing research funding and grant management.
- Experience working in culturally diverse work environments.
- Experience working in non-profit organizations, particularly in low- to lower-middle-income countries, is an asset.
The successful candidate will work at our headquarters in Morogoro, Tanzania. APOPO offers a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a collaborative and dynamic work environment.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th July, 2023.