Head of Programmes Development, Coordination and Management at UMATI / Crowe
- Company: UMATI / Crowe
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
CAREER OPPORTUNITY –
HEAD OF PROGRAMMES DEVELOPMENT, COORDINATION AND MANAGEMENT
Our client Chama cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania (UMATI) is an autonomous, not for profit, non-political national NGO providing Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) information, education, and services in Tanzania. UMATI was established in 1959 and is a Full Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). UMATI is inviting dynamic and result oriented persons to fill the position of Head of Programmes Development, Coordination and Management. The job requirements are listed below:
- Manager, Research, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Manager, Medical and Technical Services
- Manager, Restricted Projects and Community Based Services
- Manager, Advocacy and Communication
The Head of Programmes Development, Coordination and Management oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of on-going programmes and service delivery including planning, organizing, staffing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating all programmes and service delivery activities with the aim of achieving the outcomes of the Strategic Plan.
- To provide overall planning, implementation and management of the performance of the UMATI programs and to provide vision and strategic leadership.
- To oversee the strategic positioning of the Association’s Clinics as fully self-sustaining and income generating social enterprise.
- To oversee the initiation, strengthening and supporting quality of care in all UMATI Health Facilities and Community based services.
- To oversee the development of appropriate interventions to address ASRH issues/needs of the youth and other target groups based on research and development findings.
Primary Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning the programmes and delivery of services
- Plan the delivery of the overall sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) programme and services in accordance with UMATI’s mission and the strategic goals.
- Develops new initiatives to support the strategic direction of UMATI.
- Develops and implements long-term programme goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the programme.
- Develops an annual budget and operating plan to support all the programmes and service delivery activities.
- Develops a programme evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the programmes and to identify areas for improvement.
- Develops funding proposals for the programmes to ensure the continuous delivery of services. Organizing the programmes and delivery of services
- Ensures that programme activities operate within UMATI policies and procedures in coordination with the Regional Office.
- Ensures that programme and service delivery activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- Develop tools to document/record programme and service delivery activities.
Leading the programmes and delivery of services
- Ensures all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with UMATI standards and those of the IPPF Regional office.
- Supervises programmes and service delivery staff by providing direction, input and feedback.
- Communicates with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the programmes and to solicit input to improve the programmes.
- Liaises with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient programme delivery.
- Coordinates the delivery of services among different programme activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Monitoring the programmes and delivery of services
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required.
- Write reports on the programmes for management and donors.
- Communicates with donors as outlined in funding agreements.
- Ensures that the programmes operate within the approved budget.
- Monitors and approve all budgeted programme expenditures.
- Monitors cash flow projections and reports actual cash flow and variance to the Executive Director on a regular basis (monthly/ bimonthly).
- Manages all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with Head of Operations and Institutional Systems Development ensure that all financial records for the programmes are up to date.
- In collaboration with Head of Operations and Institutional Systems Development ensures financial reports and supporting documentation for donors are prepared as outlined in funding agreements.
- Provides required information to have invoices generated and submitted to funders according to the established timelines.
- Identifies and evaluates the risks associated with programme activities and takes appropriate measures and actions to control the risks.
- Monitors the programme activities on a regular basis and conducts an annual evaluation according to the programme evaluation framework.
- Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommends changes to enhance the programmes as appropriate.
- Ensures high quality donor reports are developed and submitted by the field offices.
- Collaborates very closely with the IPPF Country Management Teamsfromthe Regional Office to ensure high quality of programme management.
- Ensures best practices in project management are continually developed and used with appropriate Programme/Project management frameworks in place, incorporating the Gateway Review process if required.
- Ensure programme and project reviews are regularly and effectively conducted to drive plan, monitor and control the delivery of programmes to schedule, budget and to the agreed quality level.
Management of Programmes Staff
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviours expected of them.
- Under the leadership of the Executive Director, coordinates the recruitment, interviewing and selection of qualified programme staff.
- Establishes and implements a performance management process for all programme staff and communicate key performance Indicators (KPIs) from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware.
- Engages volunteers for appropriate programme activities using established volunteer management practices.
- Ensures that all programme staff receive an appropriate orientation about UMATI and the programmes
- Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing holiday allowances, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues and daily supervision to maximize efficient productivity.
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimize results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with Company and Customer requirements.
- Build strong working relationships with external customers and internal departments.
- Manage the interface between the customer and engineering and also the internal interfaces between sales, engineering and supply chain/production.
- Support the sales and engineering teams with new project cost, time estimates and customer contract development and approval processes.
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedure
- Inspire and motivate the team
- Consistently manages performance firmly and fairly
- Knows and develops the team
- Resilient, optimistic and open to change
- Is self-aware
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings
- Is confident, assertive and self-assured.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Health-related field/Business/ Social Sciences.
- 10 years of experience implementing and managing Complex Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) programs in Tanzania, with significant experience in national, international agencies and FCDO programs. Must have five (5) years’experience in a managerial level.
- Proven track record or expertise in development of systems, including development and/or improvement of procedures, manuals and guidelines with excellent analytical skills
- Passion for the mission of UMATI and IPPF and excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with strong presentation skills
- The ability to foster a healthy organizational culture, to encourage teamwork and collaboration; strong interpersonal skills that include the ability to inspire and motivate;
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, programme development and task facilitation
- An affinity for working with a culturally and politically diverse stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels
- Ability to challenge and influence at all levels
- Strong negotiation skills and decision-making skills
- Ability to operate under pressure and tight deadlines
- Positive and pragmatic approach to achieving results
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend a course of action
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission and values of UMATI
Method of ApplicationAll those who meet the above requirements and would like to apply for the position, should send their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates and three referees with their contacts to [email protected]
The position should be the subject of the email application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.The deadline for submitting the application is on 8th November 2021.
UMATI is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.