Head of Personal and Business Banking at Stanbic Bank Tanzania
- Company: Stanbic Bank Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Stanbic Bank Tanzania Limited is a full service commercial bank which specializes in providing facilities and services to public and private sector corporations, diplomatic missions and international organizations. Stanbic Bank Tanzania is a member of the Standard Bank Group of South Africa and was established in May 1995.
JOB TITLE: Head of Personal and Business Banking
REPORT TO: Chief Executive
DIVISION: Executive Management
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating, cascading and executing the Personal and Business Banking (PBB) strategy in Tanzania and align the same between the PBB Africa Region (AR), country business and country PBB strategies.
The Job holder is responsible in identifying new local market opportunities within country, grow existing and retain opportunities for the increased PBB business performance (i.e. financial, risk and people).
The roles and responsibilities of the incumbent will be as follows:
- Grow Customer Base
- Responsible for developing country specific business plans, objectives, policies and implementation of tactical solutions.
- Provides input into the development of the PBB AR and country strategy.
- Implements the PBB country strategies and coordinates across the value chain for PBB in consideration of the market opportunities. Coordinates interplay across all business lines for PBB clients in order to achieve the following outcomes: Customer acquisition and growth, Return on Equity, Favorable JAWS ratio, Improvement in Cost to Income ratio, Headline Earnings.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and macro challenges and guides countries accordingly.
- Defines the digital transformation journey for PBB Country with a focus on client centric solutions and scalability across the business – in alignment with the broader country strategy
- Ensures that digital transformation initiatives make commercial sense and can be operationalised effectively.
- Ensures the implementation and adoption of all client journey work (including product development).
- Accountable for implementation of the strategy through skills transfer, coaching and where necessary provides subject matter expertise for deal complexity.
- Drives excellent consistent customer experience as gauged through the Net Promoter Score.
Financial Performance Management
- Defines the financial outcomes required in alignment with budget requirements.
- Accountable for and owns the PBB income statement and financial outcomes.
- Accountable for delivery of agreed financial outcomes.
- Accountable for financial and non-financial metrics (e.g. number of customer defaults, net promoter score, branch network footprint, etc.) for PBB country.
- Risk Management
- Implements the approved PBB Risk framework and governance
- Responsible for risk management across the value chain (e.g. operational and credit risk, cybersecurity risk and fraud risk) in alignment with countries’ risk framework.
- Implements and ensures adherence to risk framework, appetite, risk control procedures, governance and risk and conduct’
- Accountable for compliance control frameworks and risk control assessments for PBB.
- Accountable for adherence to the PBB operational risk assessment standards and drives closure of all remediation actions.
- Accountable for satisfactory audits and ensures that there are no repeat unsatisfactory audits as gauged by operational losses – retains oversight of all risk and remediation matters.
- People Practices
- Provides input into the Human Capital People Plan for country in alignment with country Human Capital.
- Identifies current and potential employee skill requirements in consultation with the country Human Capital function.
- Implements the approved domain requirements for PBB jobs for appointments, performance, reward and termination (and related sanctions) of critical country PBB roles in consultation with all the relevant stakeholder
- Determines and guides performance and associated award in consultation with Country Human Capital, and in alignment with SBG guidelines.
- Ensures alignment to the Country Human Capital standards with regards to all employee-related matters.
- Implements the talent strategy developed by Human Capital.
- Mobilises employees in order to fulfil the bank’s objectives regarding customer service: sales: people management and engagement; transformation: risk and compliance.
- Social Responsibility
- Provides input into social, economic and environmental initiatives for the PBB strategy, culture and ways of working (e.g. financial inclusion, job creation and enterprise development, infrastructure, Africa trade and investment, education skills and development, and employee development training).
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATION:
- Minimum qualification: A graduate or post-graduate qualification in Business Commerce.
- More than 15 years of experience in banking. At least 5 years should be at a senior management level, leading large numbers of employees and integrating across different teams that may be geographically dispersed.
- Experience with banking / financial industry products and services.
- Visionary leader who is able to establish effective plans that take into consideration long-term aspects, in identifying market trends
- Understands people – include listening to others, understanding why people behave the way that they do and showing empathy
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in a clear and concise manner appropriate for the audience in order to explain, persuade, convince and influence others to achieve the desired outcomes.
- The ability to identify patterns and concepts from complex information or situations resulting in more successful and impactful ideas.
- Understands the capital implications of the stated risk appetite, individual risk exposures, portfolio risk exposures, and determines capital requirements on a risk adjusted basis
- The ability to prepare quantitative and qualitative analysis on the risk landscape in the business including interpretation and analysis for use by business users.
- Result-oriented; driven to achieve results and are persevering in the face of adversity.
Method of Application
Applications to be sent to: [email protected]
Stanbic Bank Tanzania Limited,
P.O. Box 72647, Dar Es Salaam,
Plot No. 99A, Corner of Kinondoni Rd/Ali Hassan Mwinyi Rd,
Closing Date: 17th July 2020