Head of Pediatrics at Aga Khan Health Service
- Company: Aga Khan Health Service
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Aga Khan Health Service
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, completed a major phase II expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam in 2018.
This expansion aimed at improving the Hospital’s quality of facilities and infrastructure to become an ultramodern 170 bed facility in order to increase its capacity as a provider of high-quality medical care leading to tertiary care, referral and teaching hospital.
The Phase II development focused on expanding key clinical services including a comprehensive cardiology programme, oncology services, and neurosciences, as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, critical care, and women and child health programmes.
The Hospital is JCI Accredited (achieved a level of quality and patient service that is equal to the best hospitals in the world) and the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery and Obstetrics and Gynecology.
It is also an accredited internship site. As part of the integrated health systems approach, AKHST plans to establish 35 outreach health facilities that are located across Tanzania. Currently, 20 such clinics have been established across the country and linked the main hospital in Dar es Salaam.
We are seeking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced Heads of the Departments as shown below:
MEDICAL PRACTITIONER POSITIONS:
Position Title: Head of Pediatrics
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and interacting with the Medical Director, the Heads of Departments lead in facilitating the delivery of clinical and administrative services in an efficient and effective manner. He/ She oversees strategic, technical and operational roles including staff planning and evaluation, budget planning and monitoring. Moreover the Head of Departments oversee development and implementation of the Quality indicators of the specific department.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Medicine and/or Bachelor of Surgery
- Master Degree in MMed or equivalent in relevant field of specialization
- Fellowship of relevant field of specialization
- Minimum seven (7) post graduate experience of specified field
- Minimum Three (3) years of leadership, ongoing academic and teaching experience
- Valid registration with Medical Council of Tanganyika
- Demonstrated record of excellent clinical skills, a talent for teaching and interest in medical education.
- Demonstrated record of high quality medical research and leading collaborative research teams.
Method of ApplicationAPPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: [email protected]
WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
The deadline for submitting the application is 18 July 2021.