Head Of Mss Operations at G4S
- Company: G4S
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Head of MSS Operations
Location: Plot No. 37 Ali Hassan Mwinyi Rd, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania | Salary: 0.00 – 0.00 | Posted: 29 Jul 2020 | Closes: 4 Sep 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa – Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/4279744/195251
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice
The main purpose of the job is achieve the revenue and gross margin budgets for MSS and associated services
through contract compliance and delivery of effective operations, cost control, service planning and adherence to
G4S standard operating procedures. Services to include oversight and support for the day to day operations of:
I. Manned Security
V. Armed Services & Close Protection
VI. Secure Mobility
VII. Emergency Response
1. Command, Control & Communications in respect of the services listed above as provided by G4S
2. Compliant and efficient delivery of services through heads of departments and sub-contractors
3. Ensure the security and efficiency of the MSS Control Room,
4. Direct management of Emergency Response
5. Develop and maintain customer relationships, retaining and growing existing contracts
6. Plan and mobilize new contract start ups
7. Prepare business cases / plans for added value services
8. Loss Prevention
9. Ensure compliance with SOPs and G4S Group Minimum Standards
10. Implementing & maintaining appropriate systems, processes and procedures that ensure effective and
efficient delivery of services to the customers.
11. Managing operational and contingent risks. Implementing appropriate Security Systems in Control Room
and ensuring proper working processes.
12. Monitoring and controlling service delivery costs to optimize profitability.
13. Ensuring that services rendered are billed accurately and promptly and managing effective cash flow.
14. Analyzing, maintaining and providing accurate financial information.
15. Managing, motivating and developing management staff assigned to the division.
16. Market the services through official and social networking
17. Contribute to the overall success of G4S Tanzania as a member of the SMT
● This position is reserved for Tanzanian Nationals either resident in Dar es Salaam or willing to relocate
● Fluency in English and Swahili (spoken, written)
● Police clearance
● Car ownership
The Ideal Candidate:
Experience & Skills:
● Experience managing operations for an international MSS company operating nationally
● Strong leadership skills experienced in managing an operations team
● Able to negotiate and interact at a senior level. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
● Ability to develop and execute plans effectively
● Excellent analytical and numerical abilities.
● Assertive and resilient team player with the ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment and
meet strict deadlines.
● The ability to maintain regular contacts with customers to ensure customer expectations are met.
● Ability to drive and possession of a valid driving license
● Existing network with the business community and local authorities
● A pipeline to convert
● Weapons handling experience
● K9 Operations experience
● Emergency services operations experience
● Experience security technical equipment
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
We act with Integrity and Respect – Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence – We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork – We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Method of Application
Closing Date : 4th September, 2020.