Head Of Mission Assistant at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – HEAD OF MISSION ASSISTANT
Title: Head Of Mission Assistant
Direct Reports: Deputy Head of Mission
Location : Dodoma
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
· Degree / Diploma in project management, risk management, social studies, political sciences, law or administration.
· Previous experience in humanitarian aid, preferably with MSF. Essential, very good understanding of the functioning of the different administrations on the local country (critical).
· English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required.
· Provide support to the mission by assisting the Head of Mission in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to facilitate coordination tasks in the mission
· Assist the Home in the context analysis, disseminate relevant context information to the coordination team, regularly inform them on key issues, update general information on the context for MSF internal documents, and advise on cultural appropriateness of organisational activities and individual behaviours
· Keep good knowledge of counterparts in different administrations and file field contacts (other NGO’s, UN agencies, local authorities…) verifying that they are easily accessible in order to facilitate contacts and meetings.
· At the request of the Home, represents MSF in meetings (NGO, official bodies, administration…).
· Ensure the follow up of relevant administrative dossiers such as the MSF registration in a country, working permits, immigration policies, national protocols, etc.
· At the request of the Home, prepare and conduct an information briefing focusing on the country context for International, Regional and Relocated Staff.
· Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
· Support Deputy head of mission on networking and engagement, arrange meeting and taking appointments from various authorities in Dodoma.
· Follow up application and validation of different documents, e.g. Work permits, Visa until obtained before international staff to arrive.
· Follow up with exemptions granted to MSF from TRA and Treasurer department
· Follow-up and provide feedback on TMDA letters/issues submitted to TMDA
· Collect the response letters from TMDA and share the information with the Medical team.
· Assist to confirm appointments with TMDA prior visits with the Medical team
· Follow parliament proceedings and capture main relevant information liase with COMs Manager .
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Friday, March 17th, 2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “HEAD OF MISSION ASSISTANT”
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District, or MSF Office – Liwale
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact [email protected]
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED