Head of Legal and Company Secretary at China Dasheng Bank Ltd
- Company: China Dasheng Bank Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
hina Dasheng Bank Ltd is a fully -fledged commercial bank approved by the Central Bank of Tanzania (BOT). It is the first bank in Tanzania established jointly by Chinese state-owned and private companies. The Bank has one branch located at ground floor, Extelecoms House, Samora Avenue. Also, the Bank Head office is located at Mezzanine Floor, Extelecoms House, Samora Avenue.
China Dasheng Bank invites suitable applicants to fill the following posts:
Job title: Head of Legal and Company Secretary
Responsible to: CEO
Duties and Responsibilities
- Heading Legal Department.
- Participating in negotiations with outside parties.
- Providing legal advice on all aspects of the law in CDBL operations.
- Filing of documents in courts.
- Handling, negotiating and drafting of commercial contracts, leases, and other legal instruments
- Processing, probating and administering property for the CDBL.
- Appearing in court on behalf of the CDBL.
- Proper recording and custody of contracts implementation follow up and ensuring the contractual obligations are met under the contracts.
- Vetting all legal documents emanating from outside the CDBL in which the CDBL is/will be a party.
- Participating in and witnessing all contracts.
- Secretary to the Board of Director’s meetings
- Secretary to all Management Committee meetings
- In charge of Legal Department and legal advisor to the CDBL.
- Drawing up prescribed legal forms, documents and policies.
- Indexing filing, registration of various Acts, Government notices and other legal documents.
- Preparing and giving legal opinion and clearance to agreements, leases, etc. as required by the superiors from time to time.
- Where necessary, consulting with outside legal counsel on any legal matters which require such assistance or representation.
- Drawing up departments’ expenditure and staff budgets and controlling expenditure within the budget.
- Appraise staff performance in his department.
- Custodian of all CDBL documents and minutes of the CDBL concerning various meetings.
- Performs any other related duties assigned by CEO
Required Education & Experience
- Holder of Master’s Degree in Law or equivalent from a recognized Institution with a practicing certificate as an advocate with not less than 10 years relevant working experience in a reputable firm, 3 of which should be at Senior Managerial level.
- Knowledge in basic Chinese language is an added advantage.
Applications should include the following:
- Typed letter of application hand-signed by the applicant.
- Detailed CV.
- Photocopies of relevant Certificates.
- Two recent passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Name of at least two referees with complete contact details.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Method of ApplicationApplications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer, [email protected]
Mezanine Floor, Extelecoms House,
Samora Avenue, Dar es Salaam.
The deadline for submitting the application is 25 August 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.