10 Oct 2022
Head Of Internal Audit – Head Office and Branch Audits at NMB Bank Plc
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: NMB Bank Plc
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Providing leadership and oversee of internal audit for Head office and Branch audits on achieving the purpose and objectives of the Internal Audit Function. Responsible for working with CIA in developing and execution of a risk based annual audit plan approved by the Board, reporting, and following up on the implementation of audit recommendations for banks internal control improvement.
- Develop and execute risk based annual internal audit work plans and programs approved by the Board.
- Assist the Chief Internal Auditor to draft, review and update Internal Audit policies, strategy and manuals for Board approval.
- Manage the audit team in assisting the business to implement controls and mitigate risks
- Lead discussions with business leaders regarding audit observations and root cause of issues, coordinate management actions and responses.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in ICT that impact the ICT risks and cyber security in the bank and the possibilities to investigate using ICT.
- Identify the relevant operating risks that may affect the organization and assess their likelihood of occurrence and the potential impact on the business
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and the operating systems
- Provide support in ensuring that audit activities are carried out as per the audit professional guidelines and other applicable guidelines (International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA))
- Review audit findings with auditors, appraise the management and prepare reports for CIA to the Board Audit Committee raised by external auditors
- Carry out investigation and special audits as requested by management, Board, or red flags noted by auditors
- Stakeholder management with the bank, Bank of Tanzania and external auditors/consultants
- Departmental budget planning, implementation, and cost control.
- Manage the Audit team, hierarchically and functionally, supporting the direct reports in their professional development. Develop and execute the department’s strategy and plan; achieve results through the team.
- Ensure full compliance, provide insights as well as monitor the implementation of various consumer protection requirements across business area/Unit
- The position is also responsible for coaching and developing audit staff and managing the department budget planning and control.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to exercise critical thinking and professional skepticism in the audit process
- Solid knowledge of applying internal audit standards (IPPF) to perform value adding internal audit services
- Knowledge of risks and controls of a bank as well as banking regulations
- Analytical mind with the ability to interpret key data/facts.
- Knowledge of ICT and audit tools such as data analytics software such as ACL, IDEA and audit management software such as teammate, Microsoft vision etc
- Eye for detail in checks and balances, rules and processes, risk, and governance
- A person with integrity, objective mind, and leadership skills with ability to influence and motivate teams towards a common goal
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with colleagues and other management teams.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with multiple stakeholders such as BARCC, Board, regulator, and external auditors
- Ability to negotiate and influence senior/middle managers to facilitate change and improvement.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the bank and with external stakeholders such as external auditors and consultants
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in business studies (Accounting, Finance, Economics) from a recognized university
- Must be registered member with the NBAA as a Certified Public Accountant
- Possession of professional auditing or accounting qualification i.e., CIA, ACPA, CISA, ACCA and a post graduate degree in business or finance is an added advantage.
- At least 7 years’ experience in audit 4 of which should be at managerial level in a bank or an audit firm responsible for financial institutions.NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
The deadline for submitting the application is 20 October 2022.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th October, 2022.