Head of ICT and Operations at China Dasheng Bank Ltd
- Company: China Dasheng Bank Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
China Dasheng Bank Ltd is a fully -fledged commercial bank approved by the central Bank of Tanzania. It is the first bank in Tanzania established jointly by Chinese state -owned and private companies. The Bank has one branch located at ground floor, extelecoms house, Samora Avenue. Also, the Bank Head office is located at mezzanine floor, extelecoms house, Samora Avenue. China Dasheng Bank invites suitable applicants to fill the following posts:
Job title: Head of ICT and Operations
Responsible to: Deputy CEO – Operations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Heading the ICT and operations Department.
- Responsible to offer the first line of support for the core Banking system and all other systems for the entire Bank. This includes monitoring and execution of the functions of all ICT business enablers of the Bank and supervising officers in the ICT unit.
- Collaborates with appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support Bank’s organizational needs.
- Shares responsibility for the formulation and implementation of the Bank’s strategic plan by active participation as an Executive team member in strategy planning forums as the digital and IT subject matter expert.
- Develops and executes the digital and technology strategic and operating plan to support and enhance Bank’s strategic ambitions and business requirements, focusing resources so that cost effectiveness and optimum customer service experiences are achieved. Foster innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems
- Establishes and sets short and long-range objectives for the digital strategy for the Bank and gain buy-in of the various stakeholders and establishing criteria for monitoring progress and measuring success.
- Defines and executes a strategy for the core banking systems/platforms/networks that is cost effective, reduces complexity and improves speed to market of new product delivery.
- Communicates Bank’s technology strategy to management, staff, partners, and stakeholders as and when appropriate.
- Oversees the management of customer service and support processes for technology-based services.
- Acts as an IT and digital pathfinder, interprets critical business drivers, conducts research, maintains an understanding of current banking/financial services industry trends, consults and participates in peer review in order to develop longterm plans and to provide a framework for decision-making in respect of Information Technology delivery.
- Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software.
- Advise and/ or negotiate with vendors and service contractors to ensure high level of return consistent with services rendered.
- Preparation of an ICT strategy to support business growth in line with the bank’s Strategic plan.
- Create and maintain documentation for supported ICT systems in accordance with ICT policy standards.
- Ensuring adherence with software licensing laws and Oversee all technology operations including networks, compute infrastructure, Databases, Banking applications and deploy & operate them according to established goals.
- Advise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by the Board.
- Translate business needs to determine technology requirements.
- Responsible for BCP
- Ensure that operations policies are reviewed regular.
- Ensure that proper estimates regarding operations matters are submitted and incorporated in the budget.
- Analyzing and advising Management on all policy issues.
- Ensuring proper training of staff under his/her jurisdiction.
- Appraising staff under his jurisdiction.
- Under taking research in potential areas for location of banking business.
- Ensure compliance with various policy and regulations.
- Coordinate customer service operations and find ways to ensure customer retention.
- Collaborating with other senior management to formulate strategy.
- Ensure operations run smoothly and employees are productive.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by DCEO.
Required Education & Experience
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Computer Science with at least 10 years working experience 3 of which must be at Senior Managerial level.
Method of ApplicationApplications should include the following:
- Typed letter of application hand-signed by the applicant.
- Detailed CV.
- Photocopies of relevant Certificates.
- Two recent passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Name of at least two referees with complete contact details.
- Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
China Dasheng Bank Ltd,
P.O. Box 388,
Dar es Salaam.
Mezanine Floor, Extelecoms House, Samora Avenue, Dar es Salaam. The deadline for submitting the application is 31 March 2021 Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.