Head of Fund Development and Communication at SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
- Company: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Title: Head of Fund Development and Communication
Duty station: National Office- Dar es Salaam
Reporting to: National Director
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Head of Fund Development and Communication is responsible for pursuing opportunities of funds countrywide to cover the National Associations’ running costs and investments to increase the financial self-sufficiency of the National Association by planning and undertaking Fundraising activities target to the public, corporate and private donors.
- Set strategic direction for fundraising in support of SOS- Tanzania.
- Prepare a thorough fundraising plan indicating concrete actions and targets to be achieved on an annual basis.
- Provide advice to the National Director on opportunities for increasing the public profile of SOS CV Tanzania potential funding and sponsorship opportunities from philanthropic foundations, trusts, the community, business, corporate, government sectors, and individuals.
- Responsible for the national fundraising activities of SOS CV Tanzania.
- Evaluate and review the fundraising strategy at least after every two years.
- Provide an outline of medium-term priorities and financial forecasts quarterly.
- Develop and implement an annual fundraising plan and budget with comprehensive monthly, quarterly, and yearly budgets and financial projections, highlighting the needs and amounts required.
- Preparing the detailed revenue and expense reports for all fundraising events after the event is completed
- Document and keep records, databases, results and experiences of all associations with funding organization’s and companies to ensure continuity and inform future decisions and actions.
- Search and research potential donors and foundations to identify and evaluate potential funding sources.
- Manages the local donors and sponsors for the sustainability of local fundraising
- Build and maintain profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with current donors and potential donors.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of the proposals for acquisition of the grants/funds
- Develop and implement public relations for SOS CV TZ, ensuring that communication is consistent, based on the same global brand framework stressing our roots, vhsion, mission and values.
- Provide public relations and media support for particular public events and handling all complaints or queries from the public as directed by the National Director.
- Attend presentations requests made by corporate, individual groups and members of the diplomatic corps.
- Support and take a lead role in any special fundraising or public relations activities and events that concern the National Association’s facilities.
- Develop and produce publications, including reports, articles, pamphlets and brochures, to promote SOS CVs Tanzania and its activities. Ensure that adequate stocks of public relations and marketing support materials are available for inclusion in fundraising proposals and distribution.
- Build contacts and relationships with other NGOs and local CSOs to learn from, share and apply best practices in the acquisition and management of grants
- Educate staff on how their interaction with potential and existing supporters influences the SOS Children’s Tanzania brand.
- Work closely with the facility heads to ensure that funds and donations-in-kind received are recorded and dealt with as necessary.
- Maintain constant contact with local sponsors, keeping them informed of developments and activities within the National Association
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the donations-in-kind guidelines and the achievement of the overall budgeted income from donations-in-kind
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- MBA preferred in business, marketing, public relations or related field.
- Seven (7) years professional development and fund raising experience.
- Advanced PC skills and expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Donor database experience desirable).
- An understanding of budgets and financial reporting.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision – self-motivated & confident
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with people from all backgrounds with varying degrees of experience.
- Ability to inspire, train, motivate, challenge, and supervise volunteers.
- Confident in public speaking and able to express ideas verbally and in writing.
- Fundraising code of ethics, Competency in MS Office/ Excel/Word/PPT
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter by email enclosed by only detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic and professional certificates. Closing date is 18th September, 2022.
To apply please send to; The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania. Dar es Salaam, Tanzania [email protected]
Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted