Head Of Distribution at UBONGO
- Company: UBONGO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Location: Remote / Hybrid in Tanzania or Kenya
UBONGO is Africa’s leading producer of kids’ edutainment. As a non-profit social enterprise, we create fun, localized, and multi-platform educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives. Ubongo reaches over 27 million kids across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio, and mobile phones. Our show’s Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me currently air in 23 countries across Africa, in Swahili, English, French, Kinyarwanda, Kikuyu, Luo, Yoruba, Hausa, Chichewa, and Juba Arabic.
Job Position: We are looking for a Head of Distribution. Working at Ubongo won’t be easy, but it will challenge and excite you with lots of responsibilities, and plenty of fun, and give you the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of kids every day.
We’re looking for a dynamic, creative, and flexible HEAD OF DISTRIBUTION to expand and improve our Growth department. You’ll work closely with our Growth Team to realize our goal to impact the lives of 60 million kids across Africa by 2025. In your role specifically, you will take the lead in last-mile distribution strategy that would reach kids who don’t get access to traditional broadcast channels.
What do we mean by Last Mile? Ubongo reaches kids through TV and radio broadcasts but there are still millions of kids across Africa who do not have access to it and they are part of the last mile. It also includes families and communities with devices to support educational content but are not aware of options and how to access them.
Lead in the development of the last mile strategy and Implementation that will realize the goal to reach under-served / off-grid communities including:
- Identify strategic partners to work with to reach last-mile audiences
- Test and pilot last-mile distribution strategies in both existing and new markets
- Support and manage distribution coordinators to achieve their goals
- Mitigate any risks and challenges affecting the last-mile distribution
Lead in last-mile distribution Project Management:
- Develop project timelines for each last-mile target area and coordinate with partners to meet deadlines
- Take ownership of the last mile budget, ensuring proper/adequate resource allocation and efficient utilization
- Build and maintain systems and processes of reporting reach, learnings, and insights
- Develop and support in case-study and reports development of the various distribution models
Support the Development team in resource mobilization and fundraising for distribution-related projects:
- Identify last-mile funding opportunities and work with the development team to design project proposals
Lead and support a diverse and growing distribution team
- Offer technical support to distribution coordinators and officers
- Coach distribution coordinators on consultative selling and how to pitch and have meaningful conversations with different stakeholders
- Identify skills gaps and work with the Operations team to offer capacity-building opportunities to distribution coordinators
REQUIREMENT: KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Has a good understanding of the local context, including, how to deal with local government, culture, and community dynamics
- Someone who has worked on field-based projects. Has a good understanding of challenges that field-based workers may face, and how to navigate different community-level dynamics including local government, family hierarchies, religion, and culture
- Extremely organized and independent, with great project management skills able to effectively plan, organize and maintain clear documentation
- Has a figure-it-out attitude and is well-versed in lo, mid, and hi-fi technologies
- Ability to teach and coach others
- Good communicator, and an empathetic pusher
Phew! You made it through that. The good thing is that there are also perks, like a delicious healthy lunch at the office, health insurance, pension payments of up to 10% (matching the value of your individual contributions), 28 working days of paid annual leave (in addition to the public holidays) and you get to watch cartoons at work.
APPLY USING THIS ONLINE FORM.
Please note that only applicants who apply using this online form will be considered. Those who come directly to the office with a CV or who email their CV to us will simply be referred back to this online form.
So please save yourself time and effort by simply sticking to this form. THANKS!
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 4th July, 2022.