Head Of Dental and Implant Department at Aga Khan Health Service (AKHST)
- Company: Aga Khan Health Service (AKHST)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST); an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, completed a major phase II expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam in 2018.
This expansion aimed at improving the Hospital’s quality of facilities and infrastructure to become an ultramodern 170 bed facility to increase its capacity as a provider of high-quality medical care leading to a tertiary care, referral and teaching hospital.
The Phase II development focused on expanding key clinical services including a comprehensive cardiology programme, oncology services and neurosciences, as well as the expansion of Orthopaedics and Trauma, Diagnostic Imaging, Critical Care and Women and Child Health programmes.
The Hospital is JCI Accredited (achieved a level of quality and patient service that is equal to the best hospitals in the world) and the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers Postgraduate Medical Education programs leading to Master of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Paediatrics and Child Health.
It is also an accredited internship site. As part of the integrated health systems approach, AKHST plans to establish 35 outreach health facilities that are located across Tanzania. Currently, 20 such clinics have been established across the country and linked the main hospital in Dar es Salaam.
AKHST is seeking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced personnel as described below:
Head Of Dental And Implant Department – (1 POSITION)
REPORTING TO CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER POSITION
Head of Dental and Implant Department leads in facilitating the delivery of Dental & Implant services in an efficient and effective manner. He/ She oversees technical and operational roles including staff planning and evaluation, budget planning and monitoring. The HOD oversees development and implementation of the Quality indicators of the department.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides effective leadership of the Dental & Implant services, including budget planning and financial management, in accordance with institutional assignment of such responsibilities.
- Ensure that there are appropriate numbers of staff with the required education, training and competence to provide medical laboratory services that meet the needs and requirements of the users
- Ensure the implementation of the quality policy and oversee activities leading to accreditation by a relevant body.
- Provision of clinical advice with respect to the choice of examinations, use of the service and interpretation of examination results.
- In consultation with Material Management department, selects and monitors Dental & Implant services suppliers.
- Provide professional development programmes & opportunities for Dental & Implant services staff
- Defines, implements and monitors standards of performance and quality improvement of Dental & Implant
- Design and implement a contingency plan to ensure that essential services are available during emergency situations
- Oversees quality control programs and is responsible for recommending Dental & Implant services
- Monitors all work performed in the Dental & Implant services to determine that clinically relevant information is being generated.
- Address any complaint, request or suggestion from Dental & Implant services staff and/or users of Dental & Implant
- Any other roles assigned by the
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Master of Dental Surgery or equivalent from a recognized University.
- Must have valid Registration from Medical Council of
- Must have valid practicing License from Medical Council of
- Fellowship on Oral Implant Ology or any other speciality
- Minimum of Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in reputable hospital, 3 of which should be in leadership roles.
Method of ApplicationPLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS. APPLICATION LETTER, CV AND EDUCATION CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: [email protected] WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. 0. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM. CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27,2022
“AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net-zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to apply”