Head of Credit at VisionFund Microfinance Bank
- Company: VisionFund Microfinance Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
VISION FUND TANZANIA MICROFINANCE BANK LTD
RE-ADVERTISED JOB VACANCY – Head of Credit
Work Reference No. 016/22
Position: Head of Credit
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
The position holder’s primary responsibility is managing the credit risk by ensuring quality origination and structuring detailing appropriateness of loan size, purpose and tenor of credit facilities advanced to clients in line with the bank’s risk appetite. The role is responsible in building capacity of credit staff to undertake quality loan assessment and provides leadership and support to Credit Analysts in loan origination.
The position conducts in-depth analysis of the loan portfolio through a numbers of credit reports as needed in order to rectify identified risk through frequent review of credit risk policy, triggering the suction policy in line with the identified gaps. The role also supervises the Operations Manager and monitors efficiency in the back-office functions to ensure that the bank provides superior service to its customers.
- Supervising Credit and Operation function of VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank.
- Implementing policies and procedures related to Credit underwriting, Collection and Bank Operations.
- Recommending changes to the credit and saving policies to align with Market, regulatory requirements and Best practices.
- Analyze Institution portfolio performance using different metrics including products, sector, industry, by branch and by Loan officer.
- Analyze portfolio quality including PAR trends and take appropriate remedy action including recommending approval limits changes to Credit Risk, Policy and Pricing Committee.
- Specific responsibilities
- Chair of the Head Office Credit Committee (H0CC) that review and approve loans above Branch/Business Center limits and Regional Limit.
- Coordinate credit reference bureau access to VFT staff, Training, liaise person of Credit reference bureau and responsible for submitting all report to credit reference bureau as required by the regulation.
- Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Monitor Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and institute appropriate corrective measures.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across VFT MFB. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- A bachelor’s degree in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Microfinance, Economics, Business Administration, Finance or any related field.
- Master’s Degree in business Administration/Management, Microfinance, Accounting, finance or related field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years working experience in a financial institution is required of which at least 3 should be at Managerial level.
Method of ApplicationInterested and suitably qualified individuals should; Forward their application letter, detailed CV’s with three referees, attaching certified copies of NIDA ID, academic and professional certificates; to [email protected]
All applications should be addressed to; The Chief Executive Officer, VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited P.0. Box1546, Arusha, TANZANIA.
The position should be the subject of the email application. The deadline for the application is on 27th October, 2023.
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Disclaimer VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank would like to inform the general public that it has not engaged any consultant/agent to conduct recruitment on its behalf.