Head of Advisory – East Africa at Absa
- Company: Absa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Absa Jobs in Tanzania - Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Job Title: Head of Advisory, East Africa
Background of the Bank
A truly pan-African bank
We’re a forward-thinking African business with a local presence in 10 countries across the continent, making us ideally positioned to solve regional challenges.
Absa Group Limited is a listed, diversified financial services provider headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Our presence on the continent includes regionally-coordinated coverage in 12 markets with on-the-ground banking capabilities in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia – and representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria.
We provide global reach through our international offices situated in London and New York.
Our Corporate and Investment Banking business is a leader in African capital markets and offers a comprehensive suite of products, with the ability to leverage a unique combination of local presence and global reach.
Our industry leaders work in Africa’s key sectors to bring possibilities to life across a comprehensive suite of corporate and investment banking services.
As one of Africa’s largest listed banking groups, we harness our deep understanding of investment flows, market participants, sector trends and regulations to unlock value for our clients across the continent.
The Head of Advisory: East Africa will be required to direct the implementation of the strategy for the Advisory product area in East Africa, in partnership with the in-country IB teams, and the M&A team.
Responsible for identifying and sourcing moderately complex investment banking opportunities in regional and global markets for new and existing clients, to enhance revenue. Investigates existing marketing and business practices and recommends opportunities to enhance market image. 12-24 months experience in an Investment Banking VP role or equivalent.
The East Africa Region includes the following countries – Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Ethiopia.
Accountability: Strategy and Planning
- Develop strategy for Absa CIB’s Advisory offering in the East African market.
- Motivate the allocation of resources across the business area to ensure that strategic and tactical plans are always enabled and provide direct reports with the guidance and coaching support needed for them to ensure that the overall strategic objectives for the area are met.
- Continuously evaluate the external environment and assess the impact on the area’s activities.
- Lead the decisions with regards to Advisory East Africa product development and origination vision and engage with other stakeholders across the firm, to create synergies and leverage off the client coverage team and other marketing channels, with the aim of increasing the profitability of the area
- Monitor the effectiveness of all strategic initiatives to ensure delivery thereof
- Originate transactions across East Africa
- Drive transaction origination; focus on revenue-generating opportunities.
- Coordinate closely with the Coverage and IBD teams to ensure seamless delivery to clients.
- Oversee the implementation of special projects within the area.
- Develop relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Meet performance targets and objectives.
- Provide reports such as transaction updates, marketing activity and so on as required.
- Execute the business plan for the business area including development of strategies, client segmentation, marketing plans, and execution criteria.
- Read and understand applicable compliance policies and procedures and seek to follow best practice.
Accountability: Drive Business Performance
- Implement performance controls to proactively measure achievement against strategic targets and address changes or non-performance.
- Drive sustainable cost and processing efficiencies through continuous innovation, industry benchmarking and alignment to best practices.
- Together with the People & Culture team, determine the people management strategy for the area with a focus on talent acquisition, management, development, and retention. Communicate and implement the strategy.
- Continuously coach and mentor the team to support goal setting and talent development to meet the team’s objectives in a way that is consistent with Absa’s values.
- Enable and drive the diversity and transformation agenda
Education and experience required
- Financial qualification
- At least 7 years investment bank experience in a front office role
- Keen financial mind
- Deciding and initiating action
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relationship building and networking
- Persuading and influencing
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th March, 2022.