11 Oct 2022
Head; Marketing, Communication & Corporate Affairs at NMB Bank Plc
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: NMB Bank Plc
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Tanzania
- Advising on the overall Bank’s Communications and Public Affairs policy in order to promote the Banks public image and develop an overall strategy and action plans for Corporate Communications, Public Affairs and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Developing marketing strategy by studying economic indicators; tracking changes in supply and market demand; identifying customers and their current and future needs; monitoring the competition.
- Be the first point of contact for external media relations to ensure positive representation of the bank and its products in all media, including managing media engagement as the bank’s spokesperson and as delegated by the CEO from time to time
- Manage protocol for professional and consistent exposure during public appearances of the CEO
- Manage the bank’s reputation including crisis management in case of any (potential) matter arising that may threaten Bank’s good and solid image
- Implement a structured programme to facilitate appropriate levels of interaction with a variety of stakeholders, including the public and government officials, lobbying for business purposes, image, and policy influence
- Represent Bank, and provide relationship support, towards potential investors, government, and other stakeholders
- Provide political, social, and economic intelligence to support business decisions through
oPublic policy & political risk monitoring and reporting
oStakeholder management, including identification, intervention and management of potentially damaging issues that may arise from press reports and other media outlets, bringing these proactively to the CEO and others for internal deliberation
oCrisis communication plan implementation, team structure management and crisis management preparedness, using crisp and well well-thought-thoroughness communiqués using the most suitable media given the situation
oBuilding and maintaining relationships with both print and electronic media houses
oBuilding and maintaining cordial relationships with relevant Ministries, Permanent Secretaries, Regional commissioners etc.
- Collaborate with business units to maximise potential from community investments, leveraging client relationships and identifying revenue opportunities
- To promote the sales of the companys products and services that will most benefit the customers, and to establish creditability through communication in a manner that will optimize the companys market share and savings, improve the companys efficiency, help achieve the companys mission and goals.
- Coordinate all advertising for the company and negotiate with print and other media representatives to ensure efficient purchasing of advertising.
- Collaborate with business development to maximize partner effectiveness
- Develop and execute creative programs to reach organizations existing users
- Produce and implement local marketing programs, vendor sourcing and negotiation
- Develop ongoing programs for communicating with consumers and service providers
- Manage the Marketing, Communications and Corporate Affairs teams, hierarchically and functionally, supporting the individuals in their professional development. Reach the results through the team executing the Marketing, Communications and Corporate Affairs and action plans
Knowledge and Skills:
- Impeccable integrity
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Networking and relationship management skills externally with media, government, and other stakeholders and internally with business heads, executive management, and staff in general
- Negotiation skills
- Passion for driving the Marketing, Corporate Affairs and Corporate Social Responsibility agenda in the Bank.
- Ability and drive to identify Public Affairs and Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities both within the bank and in the market
- Influence persuading and influencing stakeholders
- Execution achieving results through others, leading team, peers etc.
- Direction providing vision and direction
- Collaboration creating synergies through working in partnership, teamwork
- Business Judgement showing commercial acumen
- Budgeting and planning
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, journalism, public relations & corporate communication or in a related field gained from a recognized university.
- In case of an alternative Master’s degree, a post graduate qualification in marketing, public relations/ mass communication is required
- 10 years’ experience in marketing, corporate communication and/or public affairs, with a leading organization in Tanzania, 5 years in a managerial position
- Experience leading teams, defining, and executing a Marketing/Public Affairs/ Corporate Social Responsibility strategy in a large corporate organization
- Experience navigating complex organizations, including gaining access to key executives and stakeholders and successfully building relationships with functions in a matrix structureNMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 October 2022.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th October, 2022.