Head, Legal Division (AfCHPR) at African Union
- Company: African Union
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Tanzania
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Purpose of Job
To provide strategic leadership in the delivery of specialized legal support to the Court and management of all resources allocated to the Legal Division.
- Manages and supervises the conduct of legal research on international law relating to human rights, relevant developments in international law in general, legislation and jurisprudence at the level of international courts, and any other relevant research.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of periodical training courses for the Judicial and Library, Documentation and Archival functions.
- Coordinates and supervises the preparation of the Work Plans and Budgets for the Units of the Legal Division.
- Coordinates and oversees the activities of the entire Division and ensures the judicious management of its resources.
- Supervises the conduct of legal research and analysis on substantive and procedural issues arising from applications.
- Supervises the preparation of briefs, decisions and judgments of the Court on judicial matters.
- Liaises with other services of the Court and external groups, on various judicial matters.
- Keeps the Registrar and the Deputy Registrar fully informed of the status of judicial matters at the Registry.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned.
Academic Requirements And Relevant Experience
- Master’s degree in law.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant professional experience, in judicial or other relevant legal functions in relation to the above defined duties and responsibilities at international level or 7 years at national level in a senior executive position and 4 years at supervisory level.
- Specialization in public international law will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Knowledge of the African human rights system and African Union’s legal framework, policies, and procedures.
- Analytical skills and ability to prepare legal submissions and opinions;
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage diversity.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Drafting and argumentative skills in one of the African Union working languages.
- Managerial skills.
- Kknowledge of international organizations.
- Computer literacy.
Developing Others ….
Managing Risk ….
Foster Accountability Culture:
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with impact
- Conceptual Thinking
Job Knowledge and information sharing:
Drive for Results…
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 50,746.00 (P5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 42% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 22,320.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than 11:59 pm (EAT) June, 9, 2023.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Requisition ID: 1721
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th May, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE