11 Oct 2022
Head; Legal at NMB Bank Plc
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: NMB Bank Plc
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Tanzania
Job Location :
To provide legal advice on all legal matters of the Bank except those which relate to Company Secretarial and Corporate Governance.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Bank has effective Legal and Regulatory risk control frameworks and processes per the Bank’s strategic direction.
- Responsible in restructuring the Legal department by clearly defining departmental roles and aligning them to business goals
- Define the strategic direction for the Legal function within the Bank
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Bank’s legal and regulatory framework.
- Represent the Bank in all Legal related matters and ensure the best interest of the business is embedded in good faith.
- Manage relationships with external counsels and monitor their performance using best supplier management practices.
- Support business in the effective management of Legal matters and ensure the Legal Control resources are always sufficient, and capable to deliver on all key elements.
- Ensure the Legal related matters are well managed and monitored within an acceptable level, timely and proactively advise the management on the appropriate course of action.
- Attend governance meetings as required by the Bank policies.
- Comply with the procurement policy of the Bank on all legal matters.
- Effective management of the relationship with key country legal bodies and external counsels
- Pro-active and timely identification and management of legal risk arising in the conduct of business in Tanzania.
- To ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place and embedded to meet company, legal and local regulatory requirements.
- Participate in drafting and review of contracts, leases, policies, procedures, and other legal documents.
- Monitor costs by tracking internal and external spending including all invoices received from external counsels.
- Monitor and follow up on new laws and amendments to relevant sources such as Government Gazettes and media.
- Reshape and reorganize the function and ensure it gives optimal support to business units.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Business understanding of the domestic legal framework, and business legal risks
- Understanding and application of Criminal, Civil, Labor, Corporate and Commercial laws.
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to multitask and work well in teams
- Strategic thinking
- Influencing skills and assertiveness
- Great ability to listen, learn and open-minded
- Highest integrity, morals and ethics, honest and responsible
- Leadership and people management skills (Coaching, mentorship)
- Positive interpersonal relationships
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), A Master of Laws (LLM) and a Practicing Advocate
- Minimum of 10 years’ corporate legal experience in core Legal function preferably in the Banking and Finance Industry.NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 October 2022.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th October, 2022.