Head: Fraud & Forensic Investigation at NBC
- Company: NBC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
To drive the implementation of strategy to standardize fraud risk management to Group standards. To develop tactical strategy and delivery plans, formulate associated practice/s and to ensure operational implementation and adoption into. forensic methodology, governance and delivery objectives.
Accountability: Drive the implementation of the Fraud Risk Control Framework
- Develop and oversee a Risk Control Strategy that is in alignment with the Group Fraud Risk Management Control Framework drawing on internal and external expertise within Group. This includes the sharing and transfer of knowledge including technical support and good practices which are aligned to fit for purpose operations and through proper business cases and technical requirement specifications.
- Oversee implementation and embedment of the Fraud Risk Control Framework and policies and coordinate annual review of the framework and policies to ensure alignment where local regulations have changed or when required by Group. Advise NBC management through Head of Risk about the changes in regulations or group requirements
- Participate in the implementation of the necessary prevention, detection and investigation functions to support fraud control.
- Advice management on the ability of Fraud Risk Management to implement supporting controls to ensure that risk is readily identified, quantified and mitigated per the risk appetite of business.
- Identify resource requirements to ensure that fraud operations are effective and efficient. This includes providing assistance to the Fraud Risk Management staff in ensuring that all required systems, tools and equipment are available to complete their routine tasks in the most effective way.
- Define the investigation criteria required within the confines of a risk based approach.
- Provide input to process engineering to ensure that the overall process are mapped, documented and conform to an efficient and effective operations framework. This includes the Facilitation of the process of documenting the processes to prevent fraud, improve customer service and improve workflow
- Delegate responsibilities appropriately to ensure that monitoring mechanisms are in place for review of embedment of Fraud Risk Control Processes within NBC. Review monitoring results, highlighting areas of concerns with respective Heads of Directorates and support them to develop corrective actions.
- Participate in Fraud Management Oversight Committee and give input on fraud risk related issues.
- Monitor that monthly fraud management information (MI) reporting, according to Group standards, is prepared and timely submission is done to NBC management and Group Fraud Risk Management (through Group Head of Fraud Risk Management).
- Compile and consolidate a monthly a monthly report on adhoc significant fraud risk events and forward to Group Financial Crime Management and Fraud Risk Management (through Group Fraud Risk Management).
- Translate set strategy into operational business plans.
- Constantly review the number of cases reported to improve the investigation methodologies, criteria and adjust accordingly to a risk- bases approach.
- Conduct monthly oversight reviews with direct reports to understand the business performance and support them to develop corrective actions where required.
- Assess and update the investigative policies/procedures and ensure implementation and adherence.
- Ensure that minimum investigation standards are set and adhered to.
- Provide Group wide investigation capability and lead, into significant and sensitive fraud, theft and corruption cases.
- Ensure that matters where there is a significant fraud loss to the Bank, that a Steerco is established, comprising of all relevant stakeholders, to ensure that there is proper management over such cases and that recovery efforts are maximized.
- Ensure that any control failures identified during the course of an investigation are immediately brought to the attention of Fraud Strategy / responsible business unit.
- Continuously evaluate cases allocated to direct reports for investigation in line with set guidelines and standard
Accountability: Develop business relationships (stakeholders engagement)
- Interact with counterparts in the industry to share knowledge and information, promote cooperation and to gain a common understanding of the threats and risks in the banking industry.
- Participate in periodic meetings and telephone conferences for example Operational Risk meetings where operational concerns are formally raised, tracked and addressed.
- Build and maintain relationships with law enforcement parties (i.e. the Police, the Prosecuting Authorities) to ensure that their cooperation can be obtained when required (for example during key investigations).
- Build relationships with directorates’ senior management through regular scheduled meetings with the directorates. Evidence of the meetings should be maintained in the form of minutes and/or e-mail confirming what was discussed in the meeting.
- Maintaining adequate support and evidence collection activities for cases dealt with by the Legal department. Act as facilitators between NBC Fraud Risk Management, NBC Legal and Group Fraud Risk Management where they need to interact.
- Engage and communicate the department’s philosophy to direct reports/stakeholders and ensure they understand the responsibility of the department vs. Business Unity responsibility.
- Interact with counterparts in the industry to share information, engender co-operation to gain a common understanding of the threats and risks.
- Build and maintain relationships with other external parties (e.g. Tanzania Police Services, TRA Revenue Services, National Prosecuting Authority Asset Forfeiture Unit) to ensure that co-operation can be obtained when required for key investigations.
- Ensure vendor management through monthly vendor meetings and monitor tasks allocated.
Accountability: Direct and monitor high level sensitive investigations
- Become operationally involved with selected high level/ sensitive investigations.
- Participate in the planning and couching the investigators in the conducting of the investigation. This would include examining appropriate records and documentation, the interviewing of witnesses and suspects and the drafting of necessary statements.
- Engage and instruct third party service providers if and when during the course of an investigation the expertise of external experts are required.
- Gather and secure documentary and other evidence obtained during the course of the investigation.
- Provide continuous feedback to senior management and Group Fraud Risk Management on the progress of the investigation.
- Provide assistance to Head of Risk with regard to the internal disciplinary process.
- Advise and assist Head of Risk when local law enforcement agencies need to be engaged.
- For sensitive or high risk cases (on an ad hoc basis or when tasked by management) execute the investigation activities end-to-end or, if appropriate, delegate to one of the direct reports.
- Ensure that feedback is provided to management/stakeholder in so far as high level/sensitive cases are concerned.
Accountability: Drive Fraud Risk Management improvements (including Training/Couching, Fraud operations leadership, support & stewardship)
- Develop skills through identifying the risk and training requirements and ensuring that proper training is provided through engaging the necessary stakeholders.
- Assist with the development of pro-active fraud awareness material for use within NBC.
- Assist and support the Fraud Risk Management (FRM) staff in the co-ordination and oversight of Fraud Risk Management training plan. This includes the support and guidance of FRM staff in their routine activities. It is required from the candidate that the fraud management philosophy is communicated via formal training and e-mails to ensure they understand the responsibility of Financial Crime Management versus business areas e.g. Directorate of Credit.
- Assist, lead and support the FRM staff by ensuring adherence to the Service level Management standard and ensure that these standards are being delivered correctly.
- Evaluate suggestions, concerns, queries, etc. raised by FRM staff or other directorates and provide feedback and guidance where necessary.
- Ensure that the staff have the relevant training and development plans and coach them where necessary.
- Conduct monthly meetings with FRM staff and other functions/directorates when required.
- Conduct bi-annual self-fraud risk assessments. Evaluate the risk assessment reports and feed final results through to Group FRM.
- Review fraud risk Indicators, RCA’s, KRS’s and ensure that all operational risk reports are prepared and submitted to operational risk timely.
- Provide suitable training material, best practice activity and advisory services to the Forensic function in the area of your expertise
Accountability: People Management
- Annual review of capacity needs and advise Head of Risk where there are gaps; this includes review of fraud risk structure and if necessary adopt the structure according to the needs that is dictated by MI on fraud types.
- Participate in recruitment and appointment of Fraud Risk resources.
- Participate in interviews of potential candidates applying for fraud risk positions.
- Advise on training requirements to up skill fraud risk investigators and assist with the sourcing of service providers in their regard.
- Giving input to build a proper fraud risk structure within NBC.
- Manage a team to ensure effective delivery of services to Stakeholders
- Determine and analyse development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching. Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members. Review and maintain succession plans for one level below.
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Law, Military Science and Security, Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), English, Ethics and values (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment at management level, Forensic investigation (Meets all of the requirements), Leading people – Leadership level (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Reasoning (Meets all of the requirements)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th June, 2021.