Head Finance (HF) at TAZARA
- Company: TAZARA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
The Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA) is a Statutory Institution owned by the two Governments of the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Zambia on a 50/50 share holding basis. With the registered Head Office being in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, TAZARAhastwo Regional Administrative Centres —one in Mpika, Zambia and the other in Dar es Salaam. Some senior management positions (listed below) have fallen vacant at the Head Office and at the Regional Office in Tanzania. Suitably qualified nationals of Tanzania and Zambia are encouraged to apply for the under listed management positions.
Head Finance (HF)
Reporting to Regional General Manager
Salary Scale TSG 13
Location Regional Office (Tanzania), Dar es Salaam
Number of Positions : One (1)
Job Purpose :
The HF is responsible for managing and controlling accounting functions for the Regional Office with a view to monitoring and advising the Regional General Manager on the utilisation of finances and maximisation of Revenue/lncome.
- Coordinates and controls the accounting functions in the Region ensuring that works being performed are in accordance with acceptable financial and management accounting practices, procedures, principals and policies of the Authority;
- Advises the Regional General Manager on the liquidity position, financial commitments/obligations and general management of funds;
- Coordinates and authorises all payments for the Cost and Profit Centre;
- Prepares and submits monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, including Trading Accounts, Profit and Loss Accounts, Balance Sheets, Liquidity Statements, Bank Balances and Debtors/Creditors Reports;
- Prepares Internal Accounts and Cash Flow Statements;
- Prepares adhoc reports for the Regional General Manager reflecting the liquidity position;
- Liaises constantly with colleagues in other units and the Head Office and participates in inter unit reconciliation exercises;
- Sources for funds through contacts with the Head Office and Banks; and
- Confers and participates in all regional management meetings aimed at reviewing strategies and charting new courses of action.
- Proficiency in Pastel Accounting Package, Macro Payroll and Microsoft office applications;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills;
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects;
- Good understanding of applicable tax, pension and other statutory obligations;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a team player.
Qualifications and experience:
- Form IV/VI Secondary School Certificate;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting plus be a Qualified Chartered Accountant with a recognized global body e.g. CPA, ACCA, CIMA;
- Eight years, three of which should be at Senior Accountant/Auditor, as relevant experience;
- Not more than 45 years of age;
- Post Graduate Degree in Business Administration or related field, will be an added advantage; and
- Full member of the National Board of Accountant and Auditors (NBAA) in Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationOnly candidates who meet the specified requirements need apply to the address indicated below, enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of educational certificates, names and addresses of three traceable referees.
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.
- Faxed or electronic applications will NOT be accepted.
Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA)
Head Office, Julius Nyerere Road
P.O. Box 2834
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA The deadline for submitting the application is 19 March 2021