HEAD – Business Operations at Canara Bank
- Company: Canara Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Canara Bank (Tanzania) Limited [CBTL] was registered under Tanzania Company Act, 2002 on 2nd November 2015. The bank had started Banking Operations on 9th May 2016 with opening of Dares Salaam branch at Plot No 16/1, Elia Complex (GF), Bibi Titi Road, Zanaki, Dar es Salaam.
The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancy.
HEAD – Business Operations
- Overall in charge of Bank operations which include Back office operations, Branch operations including cash management, physical security and procurement.
- Ensure regulatory compliance at all times.
- Drive the business in terms of Current Account, Savings Bank, Fixed Deposits and Bancassurance.
- Leveraging the technology for business growth through internet banking and mobile banking.
- Reconciliation of all back office operations and mobile banking, clearing etc.
- Reports to Deputy Chief Executive Officer.
- Provides leadership and strategic guidance to the departments.
- Develop strong inter-divisional relationship within the bank.
- Ensure that risk averse systems, processes and procedures that will guide the Bank staff in execution of duties.
- Sits on various bank committees that provide guidance and information on a wide range of issues affecting the bank’s operations.
- Encourages and upholds standards of excellence in the manner that the Departments under span of control handle both internal and external customers.
- Management of SLAs to ensure the bank deliver on its promise.
- Ensuring Business Continuity Management is in place in case of disaster.
- Ensuring that incidents are reported on time and appropriate action taken.
- Effective management of resources – time, costs, people.
- Ensuring efficient and effective management of Office/ Suspense accounts.
- Embed a high performing service culture and Identify processing/productivity inefficiency and influence the other functional Heads to adopt.
- To effectively and continuously control, support, guide and assist Head Office on all aspects of their back office operations and processes in order to provide efficient and effective service delivery.
- To ensure that all staff working under the his/her supervision, comply fully with Bank policy guidelines and operate standard and uniform laid down procedures, operate efficiently and cost effectively, reduce wastages and eliminate errors and faults
- Ensuring Due diligence/KYC for deposit customers while opening of Account.
- Vetting of operation policy at the time of review.
- Any other assignments given by the management from time to time.
- University degree in Banking, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business administration or any other related field.
- At least five years of experience in business and operations management preferably in bank
- Proficiency for evaluating market conditions and responding quickly, proactively and positively
- Proven leadership and people management skills with a high level of commitment and enthusiasm.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Good analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to market and establish client relationships.
- Knowledge of new and evolving technology systems including the benefits and shortfalls of investment thereof.
- Problem solving ability on customer queries and other issues affecting banking business and operations.
If you are meeting the above requirements e-mail the following:
- Covering letter clearly indicating the position,
- Curriculum vitae with copies of certificates of education and professional qualifications.
Method of ApplicationAll applications must be sent only to;
- [email protected] not later than 1st July 2023.
- Applications not following the above specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.