Ground Service Equipment Operator II at ATCL
- Company: ATCL
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is expanding its network to meet the strategic business needs which focus on sustaining the recorded achievements and remain an airline of choice that meets and exceeds customers’ expectations in line of its mission of provision of reliable, safe, and high-quality services. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following positions: –
POSITION: GROUND SERVICE EQUIPMENT OPERATOR II- (1 POST)
DIRECT ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be a holder of Form IV Certificate
- Must have Class “E” or “F” or “G” current Driving License and Professional Ground Support Equipment Level I or its equivalent qualification from recognized institutions.
- Must hold an Airport driving permit from a recognized airport.
- Any experience in Ramp operation would be considered an advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate equipment as per company/ airline procedure.
- Repair and service tow tractors, baggage carts, buses, trucks and service vans
- Provide on-site GSE support when required
- Maintains heavy equipment that includes hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical machinery
- Inspects ground support vehicles and equipment to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Troubleshoots issues or problems with vehicles and machinery as necessary to make repairs
- Schedules periodic maintenance for ground support vehicles and equipment
- Maintains a clean and safe repair shop
- Tracks inventory of parts and tools needed for repairs and maintenance
- Maintains repair log for vehicles and equipment
- Provide training to GSE operators as required by ATCL operational requirements
- Report any incident or damage immediately as per company procedure.
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Ten(10)years contract with attractive remuneration and fringe benefits as per ATCL Salary Structure and Incentive Scheme.
- Candidates should be willing to work up country apart from Dar es Salaam if required to.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants must submit a dully signed letter for consideration of the application attached with the following:
A curriculum vitae (CV), Certified copies of all certificates (including secondary school, birth certificates), other relevant certificates, Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities Tanzania Commission for University (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA)
Two recent passport size photographs Name and address of at least two reputable referees; Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone number. CLOSING DATES:
Applicants should reach the undersigned within 14 days from the first date of this announcement (before 28 December 2023).
MANAGING DIRECTOR & CEO,
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED, P.O. Box 543, DAR ES SALAAM.
ATCL is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply. Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences. The deadline for submitting the application is 28 December 2023