Grants Officer x12 at Deloitte
- Company: Deloitte
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Comprehensive Client-Centered Health
Program HIV/TB LOC (C3HP) in Southern regions in Tanzania. This is a five year project (November 9,
2021 to September 30, 2026) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the
Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Elderly and Children
(MOHCDGEC) and the President’s Office- Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) at
the central level and in target Mainland regions to deliver high quality integrated HIV and TB prevention,
care and treatment services that will improve health outcomes, particularly for youth and children. The
program intends to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated HIV and Tuberculosis services
in Iringa, Lindi, Morogoro, Mtwara, Njombe, and Ruvuma regions by improving access to quality services
in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health seeking behaviors among
Tanzania’s population, and enhancing the overall policy environment for HIV & TB service delivery.
Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, 12 highly competent individuals with
exemplary ethical conduct to join the C3HP program as Grant Officers.
Coordinate the grants making process for the sub grantees. Facilitate the fund disbursement as per the
approved budget, monitor the implementation of sub grantee activities and build the capacity of the sub
grantees to ensure effective management of funds and timely reporting.
• Coordinate the grant making process from solicitation to contracting including the review of sub
grantee proposals and budgets.
• Review fund requests from sub grantees and make sure that they are within the agreed budget and
aligned to the policies.
• Request funds on behalf of the sub grantees for their day-to-day activities.
• Review accountabilities after funds disbursement and retirement by the sub grantee and check that
activities were carried out as per the approved budget.
• Prepare the payroll for sub grantees and review statutory deductions making sure all are submitted
in a timely manner.
• Collect and review bank reconciliation from the sub grantees.
• Prepare, allocate and post payments for sub grantees into the system.
• Prepare budgets for trainings and meetings and arrange venues for program activities.
• Collect and review documents for vendors and submit to the headquarters for further processing.
• Ensure all trackers are completed and submitted within agreed deadlines (Advance vs.
Accountability Tracker, Statutory Deductions Tracker, Volunteers Allowance Tracker, Bank
Reconciliation Tracker, Daily Mobile Payments Tracker/Register, etc.).
• Ensure the Sub grantees Fixed Asset Register is up to date and verifications are done annually.
• Ensure smooth and proper management of the audit process from initiation, field visits, responding
to issues and exit (sign off) meetings at all levels.
• Build the capacity of sub grantees on USAID financial rules and regulations.
• Provide inputs for the weekly update sessions on sub grantees.
• Prepare management reports on sub grantees performance and disbursement status on a monthly
• Conduct supportive supervision for assigned sub grantees (portfolio) on a quarterly basis.
• Prepare quarterly grants and finance reports on sub grantees’ performance and submit to the
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Accounting and Finance, Economics or related field
• No experience required
• Good analytical skills
• Proficiency in using computers
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th December , 2021.