Grants Manager at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
POSITION: Grants Manager (1 Post)
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: Director of Grants and Compliance
Job Summary: Reporting to the Director of Grants and Compliance, the Grants Manager is responsible for overall oversight and coordination of donor engagement and proposal development. She/He will work with all other staff to develop and submit high quality institutional and high value donor proposals that are aligned with defined MDH priorities, demonstrate impact, and offer value for money. She/He will be responsible to build the capacity of MDH to develop and manage strategic consortium partnerships with other Local and International NGOs and private sector organizations where appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To network, update and liaise with key in-country and international donors.
2. To provide effective coordination for the establishment of proposal development working groups with representatives from key stakeholders within and outside MDH.
3. To advise programme and programme quality teams, finance, working groups on relevant donor requirements/compliance, potential funding opportunities, changes in donor priorities and ensuring quality grant management for all related projects.
4. To act as the interface between Finance and Programme quality teams to ensure grant compliance.
5. To ensure fundraising staff have individual work plans and up to date development plans.
6. To work closely with all the Funding Affiliates and relevant programme departments to ensure high quality and timely submission of proposals and concept notes, Project Report/Project Progress Reports to donors and funding affiliate.
7. With support from Directorate team and CEO to identify and facilitate opportunities for relationship building with key donors.
8. To develop and manage strategic consortium partnerships with appropriate CSOs.
9. To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
1. Master’s Degree in physical science, public health, social sciences, humanities, development studies or other relevant discipline.
2. At least seven (7) years of experience working with NGOs in a senior programme funding position(s) involving proposal development and donor liaison.
3. Excellent writing, reasoning and analytical skills.
4. Capacity building experience including training and skills development.
5. In-depth understanding of logical frameworks as a tool to develop theory of change and intervention logic.
6. Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, often at a distance.
7. Ability to prioritize own workload and work with minimal supervision.
8. Ability to lead complex proposal development teams.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email [email protected] by 30th September 2021.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.