Grants Management Volunteer at Danish Refugee
- Company: Danish Refugee
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Job title: Grants Management Volunteer
Employment Category: Volunteer
Reporting to: Grants Manager
Direct reports: None Unit/department: Grants
The overall purpose of the role:
The Grants Management Volunteer will support the Grants Management team in ensuring high-quality grants’ administration and compliance with both DRC and donor requirements. Generally, the role will support the Grants Manager in regularly reviewing and updating the Grants Module in the DRC Dynamics System database, follow-up on BFU action points, support the Grants manager in grant kick-off/review/closeout meetings for enhancement of compliance throughout the grant cycle. The role holder will also be responsible for updating various trackers for both external and internal use.
Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Grants Manager, the Grants Management Volunteer will undertake:
DRC Dynamics management and support
• Support the Grants manager to regularly update the DRC Dynamics Grants module
• Support the Grants Manager in the consolidation of documentation required for setting up grants in the centralized DRC Dynamics system and physical existence of grant documentation
• Ensure the grants management filing system is maintained and all donor grant documentation is properly (both soft and hard copies) filed.
• Carry out the detailed review of the DRC Dynamics system using the grants checklist to identify deficiencies in documentation, update the same and report any gaps to the Grants Manager
• Support the Grants manager to prepare for the BFU review meeting
• Prepare action points for BFU review meetings
• Follow-up on action points with program managers, finance, supply chain, HR and other relevant staff
Donor compliance management
• Support the preparation and/or facilitation of project kick-off/review and closeout meetings.
• Support country team in updating proposals and reports in DRC Dynamics and share-point.
• Maintain up-to-date grants trackers as assigned by supervisor
Any other relevant duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Experience and technical competencies:
• Knowledge of humanitarian and development programming with knowledge of project cycle management. Working experience is an added advantage
• Knowledge of database use and management
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of donor guidelines and reporting systems is an advantage but not a requirement
• Ability to work within a multinational and multicultural setting
• Good personal organizational skills, including time management, teamwork, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision
• Excellent writing and editing skills in English
• Excellent excel skills
• Undergraduate degree from a recognized University in the business-related field / Social Science, Development Studies or related areas
• Certified Accountant (ACCA, CPA)
• Project management knowledge desirable Find the definition of DRC’s Core competencies here
All DRC staff should master the 5 core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: you focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
• Collaborating: you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
• Taking the lead: you take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: you act in line with our vision and values
• Full proficiency in English, written and spoken
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
• Senior management
• Program managers and all other staff
• HQ staff as necessary
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22nd March, 2021.