Grants Management Officer at Danish Refugee Council
- Company: Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Grants Management Officer
Founded in 1956, The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities – in more than 40 countries around the world. DRC has been implementing emergency response projects in Tanzania since the onset of the Burundi refugee crisis in 2015 in three refugee camps in the Kigoma Region at the border with Burundi. DRC’s integrated projects for refugees, asylum seekers and host communities comprise sectors such as Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM), Protection (CBP, PSN, GBV, CP and Legal), Shelter and infrastructure, and Economic Recovery.
Overall purpose of the role:
- Work with programme and MEAL staff to develop high-quality and timely reports for donors and other country- and HQ-level communication material.
- Support the Grants Management Coordinator in the initiatives to expand the portfolios, including contributions to proposal development and programme design.
- Support the Grants Management Coordinator in the partnerships process.
- Coordinate and support the development and finalization of high-quality, timely reports for donors, partners, and government on program progress, ensuring all donor reporting requirements are met and strategically positioned to demonstrate DRCs leadership in programming in the country context.
- Support the Grants Management Coordinator in providing timely, thorough responses to information requests from internal and external sources.
- Support the Grants Management Coordinator in overseeing proposal development processes, including drafting and producing high quality concept notes and proposals and coordinating with all business areas.
- Support the Grants Management Coordinator and Head of Programs with the development of program strategy and/or drafting of position papers and other related initiatives leveraging evidence from programs.
- Support the Grants Management Coordinator in ensuring sound project cycle management across the country portfolio.
- Serve as main gatekeeper of high-quality reporting and communication activities for all portfolios, drafting original content and providing strategic guidance on positioning and messaging of all reporting and communications materials.
- Support the process of needs assessment data collection.
- Serve as main gatekeeper of donor compliance for all portfolios, providing operational guidance to program teams based on donors’ rules and regulations.
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
- Support as needed the vetting process and project lifecycle for the partners.
- Support the development of strategic partnerships and partner mapping.
- Support partners to develop proposals for DRC programmatic and related activities
- Proposes tools to improve long-term partnership management.
- Ensures that the capacity building plan is carried out according to the approved timeline.
- Ensure that the partnership steps (vetting, contracting, support) are carried out according to DRC procedures and donors’ regulations.
- Ensure throughout the project that the commitments of both parties (DRC and partners) are carried out in accordance with the terms of the signed contracts (e.g., requests for funds, justification of expenditures, production and sharing of reports, etc.)
- Collect success stories.
- Write, edit and produce communication products promoting the work of DRC Tanzania.
- Undertake field visits to produce creative and engaging communications products to raise awareness in the situation of the refugees in Tanzania and the humanitarian response efforts of DRC.
- Maintain and update DRC Tanzania country profile documents, fact sheets, and presentations for external audiences.
- Ensure timely publication and distribution of media content on the DRC Tanzania country webpage, DRC Twitter account and HQ/RO managed accounts.
- Ensure all DRC and donor visibility requirements and communications commitments are met.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as requested by Line Manager (Grants Management Coordinator)
- Work closely with programme MEAL staff to ensure best practice monitoring and reporting of programme activities.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- At least 3 years of professional experience with an international development organization.
- Familiarity with UN, US and EU donors with special attention to reporting requirements.
- Ability to represent DRC to international donors, government officials, local groups and community members.
- University degree in international relations, project management, business administration, or equivalent professional qualification
- Excellent English written and spoken is essential
- Knowledge of local language and/or of French would be appreciated Swahili (fluent)
Employment category: Grade H
Reporting to: Area Manager
Technical Line Manager: Grants Management Coordinator
Unit/department: Grants & MEAL
Location: : Kibondo
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Project Managers
- MEAL Team
Providing equal opportunities We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
DRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff within its programs. As such, we strongly encourage national and diaspora candidates to apply for this position. However, candidates should take into consideration that DRC cannot employ, under an international contract, a national of the country in which he or she will be working (in this case, the United Republic of Tanzania)
Promoting high standards : DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
Application and CV
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
DRC only accepts applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under JOB.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th December, 2023.