Grants Assistant at RTI International
- Company: RTI International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
RTI (www.rti.org) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
USAID Tanzania Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity
Research Triangle Institute (RTI) is an independent non-profit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition with over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector in managing their environment and natural resources. We are looking for candidates to fill new positions in the recently awarded USAID funded Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity. The goal of the project is to address dynamics that hinder habitat connectivity and the long-term persistence of biodiversity in Tanzania.
The position will be based in Dar, Tanzania with some travel required to the project areas.
The Grants Assistant will help provide support to the Tuhifadhi Grants Program by monitoring the grants process and procedures from inception to completion, including financial tracking, procurement of goods, and managing the filing system in compliance with USAID and RTI policies.
Skills & Abilities:
- Master’s degree in business administration, social sciences, or related field and minimum of 1 year of experience designing and managing grants programs for international donor-funded projects, including USAID-funded projects; or Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience.
- Knowledge of USAID grant rules and regulations.
- Experience in reviewing and negotiating budgets, reviewing financial reports, preparing for and monitoring audits of grantees, and file management.
- Experience in assessing organizational capacity and conducting capacity building trainings.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted on rolling basis. RTI is an equal opportunity employer.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
*No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI international. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email [email protected]
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V The deadline for submitting the application is 11 July 2021.