Grants and Compliance Finance Officer – Head Office at Pact
- Company: Pact
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership of their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact Tanzania is looking for enthusiastic, creative, energetic individuals to fill the following two (2) vacant positions for the ACHIEVE Tanzania Project with details below:
Position : Grants and Compliance Finance Officer – Head Office (Dar es Salaam) (1 position)
Project : ACHIEVE Tanzania Project
Contract Duration : 30lhSeptember 2023 (Renewable)
The Finance, Grants, Contracts, and Compliance Officer is directly responsible to and supervised by the Senior Grants Contracts and Compliance, Manager. The finance Grants, Contracts, and Compliance officer provides high-level Finance, grants, and contracts management to achieve the goal of the Pact Tanzania project, working with Transition track partners and the Kizazi Hodari project. S/he provides Capacity building for all aspects related to Finance and management of sub-grants and subcontracts. This requires close collaboration with Pact Finance and Grants units to ensure compliance with USG Rules and Regulations and other donor guidelines.
- Support Partner’s capacity to Develop subcontract and sub-grant award documents compliant with donor requirements
- Support Partner’s capacity to Administer the full cycle of sub-award management activities beginning from solicitation through selection, pre-award assessments, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout.
- Support partner’s capacity to Oversee budget management of projects’ sub-award pools
- Support the partner’s capacity to roll out grantees and Partner’s staff training to understand and comply fully with donor standards. Develop training materials and carry out regular training with partners.
- To support partners to Ensure that office systems for grants and contracts administration are developed and maintained and can provide regular reports
- Support partner’s capacity to Develop and/or update their Sub-awards Manual in compliance with USG Regulations
- Support partner’s capacity to manage closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
- Support partner’s capacity to Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Support partner’s capacity to Provide Support to CSO to comply with Cost share policy by ensuring the policy is adhered to, and reporting is done
- Support partner’s capacity to Review, analyzes, and drafts contract language to ensure they comply with all applicable donor, and host government regulations
- Support Partner’s Capacity on USAID financial report requirements, including DATIM reports
- Support Partner’s Capacity in budget development and monitoring
- Support Partner’s Capacity on sub-award financial management as per USAID Rules and Regulations Other Responsibilities:
- Provide effective performance management, mentoring, and coaching for partner’s staff
- Provide training, as required, related to areas of his/her expertise and partner’s staff needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The minimum requirement is a bachelor’s degree but preferred is a MA/MSc/master’s in business administration degree or equivalent relevant qualification
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in the NGO sector within Tanzania in managing the award and administration of sub-grants funded by Global Fund, USAID, or international donors.
- Experience managing sub-award design and administration
- Experience in donor funds administration
- Understanding of local contract and procurement law
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written Kiswahili and English
- Knowledge of 0MB Circular A-110, A-122, and A-133; 22 CFR 226; and 22 CFR 228 a plus
- Knowledge of USAID DATIM Financial Reports preparation is a plus
- Strong knowledge of donor auditing requirements and demonstrated ability to exercise financial oversight of Agreements programs.
- Demonstrated solid knowledge of USAID and other donor regulations applicable to Agreements administration.
- Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or support of an award
- Proven capacity to design and deliver a range of training and technical assistance programs to build a full range of capacities for grant management
- Proficiency in a local language
Skills and Abilities:
- Consistently works within internal processes and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Exceptional planning and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Strong understanding of budgets
- Competence in using common desktop applications and internal systems
- Strong analytical skills to successfully perform financial reviews and other forms of quantitative analyses.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are essential in building relationships with donors, host country counterparts, and partner organizations.
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment to prioritize wisely and successfully perform multiple and complex tasks.
- Highly organized and able to develop and streamline systems for efficiently conducting day-to-day tasks.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in excel, word, outlook, and graphic/web design. Knowledge of QuickBooks/ACCPAC is a big plus
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
Method of ApplicationIf you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter and a Curriculum Vitae online via email describing why you are the right candidate for this position detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from your previous and current place of employment. Please send the application online (through Email: [email protected]) identifying the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only the applications sent online will be reviewed.
The closing date for applications is on 28th February 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE