Graduate Trainee – Field Merchandiser at Total
- Company: Total
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
GRADUATE TRAINEE – FIELD MERCHANDISER
DAR ES SALAAM-HAILE SELASSIE RD(TZA)
The Field Merchandiser is in charge of diversification activities in several service stations and will work in conjunction with the Network Sales Teams, and the Category Manager. He/She optimizes sales and margins for each shop thanks to actions on products, merchandising, promotion and prices.
- He/she is in charge of the installation of SFS concepts (Shops, Products Order, Meal Service, Maintenance)
- He/she is responsible for the implementation of Product Offer, Merchandising Plans in the shop (defined by Category manager / SFS Manager). He must ensure the follow-up of these actions in shops
- He/she is responsible for the implementation of communication tools, highlighting products, promotions in shop.
- He/she must follow figures within his perimeter of stations: turnover, margin, stocks, shrinkage, prices…
- He/she must forward information to SFS Manager and to Territory Managers about anomalies in shops and implements remedial actions and about potential changes in shop.
- He/she analyzes the competition and the stations’ trading areas so as to be able to locally optimize the SFS offerings (range, merchandising, promotion…)
- He/she optimizes with Station Managers and Territory Managers the management of stocks in the shops
- He/she complies with HSEQ rules and regulations (e.g. respecting hygiene procedures, the cold chain etc.)
- Ensures the integration of food safety requirement into contracts with supplier and contractors
- Participates in investigations following incidents (consumer complaints, microbiological deviations, incidents detected during inspection and audit.
Context and environment
- The SFS revenue is becoming a major lever for improving the Network’s results.
- Highly competitive environment
- Frequent travel to stations countrywide
- Acquisition of GAPCO by TOTAL: need to reinforce SFS team
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum)
- Good knowledge of the Network or experience in distribution of FMCG in supermarkets.
- Autonomy, feeling for organization, training skills.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 3rd October, 2020.