Graduate Mining Engineer at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Graduate Mining Engineer (UG)
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: Technical Services
Reporting to: Engineer 3 – UG Planning
Number of Positions: Five (5)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to work in the underground mine planning section developing short-term plan and monitoring plan compliance and perform day to day mining engineering duties required for smooth daily production targets
- BSc. in Mining Engineering
- At least 1 year relevant experience in mining industry preferably Underground Mining
- Experience with MS Office software.
- Exposure in mining software such as Vulcan, Datamine, Spry
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
Planning and Execution
- Develop underground mine designs
- Monitoring plan compliance
- Prepare daily and weekly production reports
- Contribute to quality discipline service delivery, understanding, and interpretation of discipline information within the team
- Contribute to accurate development of the budget for team cost centres.
- Contribute to the delivery of the relevant discipline specific services, keeping in mind deadlines and targets for the purpose of achieving the predetermined budget.
- Contribute to improvement of organizational capability of the work team to deliver strategies and advice that support the LOM Plan
- Provide accurate and timely preparation of data and relevant reports on process performance
- Work with colleagues within business unit and the Australia Region, to maximize organizational value
- Contribute towards a safe work environment, implement, and deliver compliance with SHE&C plans, management systems and processes within their team.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with colleagues, business partners, and other stakeholders, utilizing these relationships to successfully resolve issues if, or when, they arise.
- Develop understanding of work requirements for the swing particular to phase/rotation of graduate programme framework
- Assist with the timely collection, receipt and interpretation of data as required
- Assist in the updating and ongoing development of the relevant site databases as required
- Data collection duties associated with the use of relevant software packages and interpretation of software outputs
- Keep management informed and shares information across the Company. Provides well thought out, concise and timely oral and written information
- Challenge processes and technology to come up with solutions that can make the job safer, reduce costs, increase productivity, or increase revenue
- Actively record work exposure obtained and lessons learnt at the end of each swing
- Contribute to QAQC and monitoring reports
- Commit your best endeavors and full capability to the work assigned to you by your manager.
- Advise your manager if you do not understand the work, they have assigned to you, or if the assignment does not fit with your knowledge of the circumstances, current skills or available time and resources.
- Advise your manager of any situations or conditions that could create obstacles to, or opportunities for, the work of the managerial team or company.
- Demonstrate work behaviors consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including required behaviors, company policies, standards, procedures, and legislation requirements.
- Disclose timely information to your manager when accountability cannot be met within limits or can be met with less time or resources than planned
- Ensure that Safe Working Procedures are followed for all routine tasks
- Perform design achievement check as instructed by the Mine Planning Engineer
- Create the attitude of teamwork in performing your roles
- Assist the Mine Planning Engineer in prepare weekly plans in line with the monthly plan and present to operation
- Prepare Daily Dig Plans to required standards and issued to operations for use in production planning as instructed by the Mine Planning Engineer
- Assist in coordinating inputs from various sections e.g. geology, geo-tech, and engineering for the preparation of the production plans
- Check pit and stockpile levels of broken stocks and give feedback for production planning purpose.
- Monitor equipment performance on productivity and utilization and give feedback as instructed by the Mine Planning Engineer
- Performing check on various operation costs as instructed by the Mine Planning Engineer
- Site Entry requirements which may include medical Health Surveillance.
- Driving Competency with Tanzania Driving License Class B and D.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills in English Language
- Positive Attitude towards work and colleagues.
- Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
- Basic first aid knowledge.
- Be able to work at minimum supervision.
- Be physically and mentally fit and hard working. Appointment subject to thorough medical check-up by authorised medical practitioner.
- Highly motivated and willing to attend work on call out duties when required.
- Computer Literate – Proficiency and solid experience in Microsoft Office products specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Words
- Good team worker.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th November, 2021.