Global Platform Coordinator at ActionAid Tanzania
- Company: ActionAid Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
ActionAid Tanzania is an anti-poverty agency working to end poverty and injustice.
Qualified women candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ) is a development organisation that is committed for social justice, gender equality and ending poverty. It started development programs in the country in 1998 as a cross-border initiative by ActionAid Kenya and later transformed into a full-fledged Country Programme in 2000. Since then, it has rolled out three Country Strategy Papers and currently implementing the fourth strategic paper (2018-2022), making contribution to the development of the country. It is an Affiliate member of the ActionAid International (AAI) Federation which is a global justice organization working towards social justice, gender equality and eradication of poverty.
AATZ has development programs in the mainland Tanzania and Zanzibar. At local level, it has long term commitment in selected district-based Local Rights Programs (LRPs) where it has been working directly with communities and local partners in Mafia, Unguja, Pemba, Kilwa, Tandahimba, Newala, Chamwino and Singida. At national level, the organization has been partnering with national and international organizations, networks, coalitions, and forums to influence policies and strategies in favour of people living in poverty through engaging with government ministries and law makers besides its participation in international solidarity actions.
AATZ envisions seeing Tanzania without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys his/her right to a life of dignity. Currently, the organization is looking for a qualified, experienced, and self-motivated people to fill in the following vacant posts:
Job Title: Global Platform Coordinator
Workstation: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Public Accountability & Youth Engagement Manager Department: Program Duration: 6 months.
- The Global Platform Coordinator will head the Global Platform in Tanzania and is primarily incharge of overall management, strategic planning, financial planning and external communication. Specifically, she/he will support development of proposals for capacity building in accordance with the Country Strategy Paper (CSP) and Strategic Implementation Framework 2 (SIF 2), facilitate training design and management, facilitate development of appropriate programmes, develop and sustain strategic partnerships and networks; ensure effective financial management and compliance, and manage the Global Platform team.
- At least 3 years relevant experience from a reputable organization especially on designing and delivering participatory trainings, youth activism, running events & coordinating complex activities and Monitoring & Evaluation fields. Working experience from NGOs is an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, political science, development studies or sociology. Master’s degree in any social sciences will be added advantage.
Method of ApplicationPlease visit our website https://tanzania.actionaid.org/jobs to access full job descriptions for the job vacancies.
To apply, submit your updated curriculum vitae, a motivation letter and state your gross salary expectation per month and send to Head of Human Resources Organizational Development & Support Service, through E-mail: [email protected]
Closing date: 20th June 2021 at 17.00hrs. Please clearly indicate “Application for ActionAid Tanzania Global Platform Coordinator” in your email subject. NB: Whilst all applications received will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, we regret that we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.
NB: ActionAid is committed to preventing and responding robustly to any form of sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse in the workplace that is carried out by any member of the ActionAid Federation or ActionAid representative. Being a staff member of ActionAid Tanzania, you will be required to adhere to ActionAid Tanzania staff rules and regulations including compliance to:
Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse (SHEA) & other Safeguarding concerns Overarching Policy, Child & Adult At-Risk safeguarding, Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse (PSEA), and Ten Basic principles of Feminism.