Global Employee Engagement Advisor at Pathfinder
- Company: Pathfinder
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
|Key Performance Areas||Major Activities / Responsibilities||Percentage Worked|
|Strategic HR communications||Internal HR communications strategy to align messaging across HR, with skilled writing and editing of various media designed to reach all Pathfinders in support of employee engagement and other HR initiatives such as the HR newsletter.||15%|
|Project leadership||Planning and management of HR projects for learning, employee engagement, and other HR initiatives.||15%|
|Global HR training||Create calendar of trainings and project plans for internal HR trainings; collaborate with
HR partners as needed, such as Learning Manager on system challenges and reporting
|Employee engagement strategy||Drive planning, development, and implementation of robust engagement programs through surveys, focus groups, workshops, onboarding/orientation and offboarding, and stay interviews to enhance employee engagement.||20%|
|Events and awards||Manage Global HR calls, contribute to HR conferences and other meetings, and represent HR on team coordinating Pathfinder Awards for staff recognition.||10%|
|Internal employment brand||Manage HR’s intranet presence; contribute to HR brand as needed.||5%|
|External employment brand||Stay abreast of Pathfinder communications and public affairs plans on external presence to ensure alignment with HR communications; contribute to employment branding for HR, eg, recruiting, if needed.||5%|
|Vendor oversight||Manage and provide oversight to external vendor, particularly around EE survey work.||5%|
|Cross-functional task force participation||Participate as needed and time permitting on task forces or working groups on a range of issues benefitting from contributions by different business units, including HR.||5%|
|Minimum Education and Work Experience:|
|□ Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience that yields the required competencies
□ Demonstrated outstanding writing and editing skills
□ 5 years internal and/or external communication experience
□ Excellent presenter and meeting facilitator for range of stakeholders at all levels
□ Proven experience in managing projects, such as employee engagement and culture initiatives, including focus groups, surveys, people-related data analysis and interpretation, and organization-wide action planning
□ Work experience with a multinational or global organization
□ Experience managing vendor relationships
|Preferred Education and Work Experience:|
|· Experience working across cultures, particularly with colleagues in low resource settings
· Work in human resources
|Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
· Interpersonal, Public and Written Communications: Advanced oral and written communication skills, proven experience leveraging different forms of media, with a focus on writing, speaking, active listening and editing. Ability to effectively summarize and present complex information in accessible terms for a variety of audiences and develop FAQs for employees.
· HR Management Practices: Foundational knowledge of principles, practices, processes, and standards of Human Resources management.
· Web and Mobile Technologies: Advanced knowledge of web and mobile technologies.
· Design Skills and Tools: Foundational knowledge of available design tools and design approaches for visual communications of work products.
· Communication Practices and Principles: Intermediate knowledge of ideation, storytelling, and presentation.
· Social Media Platforms: Advanced knowledge of internal/external social media strategy and implementation, to enable global communications and community- building, including WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn.
· Detail- Oriented: Proven ability to focus attention on details, to ensure consistent delivery of accurate work product.
· Communication Strategies: Advanced knowledge of communication strategies to increase impact of communications and brand awareness of internal projects, services and products. Proven ability to create and implement employee communication strategies and plans.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
· Project Planning and Management: Advanced skills in project planning, Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Proven ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. In-depth demonstrated customer service skills.
· Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
· Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
· Matrix Management: Ability to thrive. Influence and lead in a matrixed organization.
Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
* This job description format focuses on the main duties of the position and is not intended to list every potential task or assignment.
Duties can and will change to meet the changing priorities of the department and organization.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th October, 2021.