Global Director of Regional Finance – Asia & MEER at VisionFund
- Company: VisionFund
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
VisionFund International (VFI) is the world’s largest Christian microfinance network. For more than a decade we have been improving the lives of children across the developing world, as we provide small loans and other financial services to families struggling in poverty.
As the microfinance subsidiary of World Vision, the world’s largest Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation, we work in 28 countries through our network of affiliated microfinance institutions (MFIs) located across the globe in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. We have an outstanding loan portfolio of nearly US$429 million, serve over 1million active borrowers and impact the lives of over 3.4 million children each year.
Sharing the same vision as World Vision, VFI aims to provide ‘life in all its fullness’ to children as their parents receive small loans, improve their businesses and increase in ability to care for their children as family incomes multiply..
Purpose of the Position:
The Global Director of Regional Finance is to lead and manage the execution of the VisionFund 2030 Strategy and GC Global Finance strategy in two regions. The role will be responsible for all regional microfinance (MFI) finance issues and will work primarily with and through, and mentor, the Regional Finance Managers (and other Regional Staff), who have a matrix reporting line into this position. They are accountable to ensure proper controls, policies, procedures, reporting standards, and best practices are in place in MFIs. All efforts will be made to create, share/train and enforce global solutions to improve, steamline and harmonize MFI finance processes, reporting, analysis and outcomes.
Regional Finance Support, Oversight, Training, Mentoring, & Talent Management:
- Working with the Regional Finance teams (and MFI CFOs indirectly) in support of their MFIs on challenges and issues. Providing oversight, training and mentoring of Regional Finance team members.
- Developing and cultivating a global Finance Talent Pool (top 1-3 Finance talents in MFIs).
- Champion for Global Finance Strategy in to the field.
- Ensuring financial oversight and support needs of the MFIs are being met.
GC Finance-to-Regional Finance Communication Liason:
- Serving on the SFT as global finance leader and being both the voice of the field and communicating to the field important global initiatives/directives.
- Further embedding and implementing Risk Framework, policies and standards in to MFIs.
- Enhancing and monitoring global Risk and Performance dashboards of the Network (e.g. Liquidity, Solvency, Profitability, Lender Engage) and giving early warning.
- Funding pipeline liaison
- Ensuring global Finance accurately hears the voice and operating reality of the field.
- Ensuring regional Finance and MFI CFOs accurately hear the voice and direction of the GC.
MFI Financial Governance – ARC, ALCO, Internal/External Audit, Lender Engagement/Compliance:
- Supporting local MFI governance requirements and needs through the Regional Finance teams as and where possible and needed.
- Driving MFI Internal Audit and External Audit findings resolution.
- Ensuring timely completion and submission of GC reporting, lender reporting/compliance, external audit paperwork, and others.
- Ensuring best practice governance, reporting and compliance in the MFIs
Standards Setting, Process (Re)Design & Tool Development:
- Establishing, communicating and enforcing global finance and accounting standards (including Finance Manual update).
- Developing and driving new standards, analysis tools, and processes for higher functioning, quicker turnaround, and better outcomes of MFIs.
- Developing standard ARC/ALCO/Financial Reporting decks for MFIs to use.
- Drive, monitor and support Sun6 implementation across the MFI Network.
- Driving financial excellence in the field and empowering MFI CFOs to deliver higher performance.
WVI Regional Finance, Shared Services & FRSC Engagement:
- Engaging with counterparts in WV Finance structure to learn, share and build bridges and better ways of working. Learn so as not to reinvent the wheel.
- Drive MFI CFO engagement with WV FO Finance Directors.
- Drive continuous improvement and potential for MFI outsourcing of certain finance/accounting processes to WV where makes sense.
- Ensuring open and fruitful dialogue across the Partnership Finance structure.
Critical Knowledge, Technical Skills and Experience:
- Thorough knowledge and extensive experience (minimum 10 years) in microfinance, banking or financial services.
- Understanding of balance sheet risk management including interest rate risk, liquidity risk, solvency risk, and foreign exchange risk as well as bank funding processes.
- Ability to translate complex detailed matters and data in to a concise narrative and explanation.
- Effective writing, verbal, presentation skills. Deep knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Good project management and organizational skills. Balanced and respectful approach and cross cultural sensitivity. Effective coach, able to train.
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple priorities and projects. Flexibility on hours to contact people within wide time zone differences is required. Able to balance Christian values with commercial practices.
- Degree in Finance Accounting
- MBA or CPA prefferd. Experienced in managing effective support of accounting computer software systems
- Travel upto 30%, travel many include visits to remote rural locations in developing countries.
- English and Spanish fluency
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time
VisionFund International aims to be diverse and inclusive organisation and candidates of all backgrounds and cultures are welcomed.
We are dedicated to all our staff development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 22nd July, 2020.