GIS Specialist at Tembo Nickel
- Company: Tembo Nickel
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit a GIS Specialist to join the Tembo Nickel Project Team. This role is reporting to the Exploration Geology Manager. The Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialist is responsible for inputting, updating, and maintaining GIS databases, coverages, layers, and linkages to various databases
Duty Station-Tembo Nickel Project site-Ngara
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform GIS database development, qualitative/quantitative analysis, and mapping.
- Produce detailed, high-quality cartographic products (digital and hardcopy) and accompanying reports in accordance with technical guidelines and project requirements.
- Communicate with project team members and other stakeholders to define data needs, project requirements, and desired outputs.
- Compile, manipulate, and refine geographic data from a variety of sources including but not limited to, CAD, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
- Perform quality control checks of GIS Data and non-spatial databases with minimal supervision to ensure data integrity.
- Manage individual project tasks related to GIS, database design and management, and data visualization.
- Customize GIS workflow and software programs for data.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum 5 years of ESRI ArcGIS experience AS/BS in Engineering or related field.
- Previous experience in developing GIS project deliverables.
- Able to perform field data collection activities requiring long durations of walking and climbing of stairs.
- Able to travel for extended periods of time, for up to three weeks at project locations.
- Proficiency using ESRI ArcGIS Software, Autodesk Software, and Microsoft Office is desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role tile in the subject via email [email protected]. Application closing date is 30th September,2022
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merit and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process.
Women are strongly encouraged to Apply