GIS -Data Visualization Specialist at Panagora
- Company: Panagora
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Drawing on decades of experience across all developing regions, we offer a range of foundational international health and development services, with specialized expertise in global health; monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL); private-sector solutions; capacity building; knowledge management; and communications. As a small business, we are able to implement novel and innovative approaches using highly participatory approaches to mobilize community, civil society, and government energy in defining and owning solutions, and to promote inclusive development that benefits all groups.
Panagora, a prime contractor under the USAID’s EVAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is seeking an experienced GIS/Data Visualization Specialist for an anticipated Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Platform contract. This five-year activity will assist mission with strategy- and activity-level performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including conducting data gathering and verification, data visualization, data quality assessments, impact and performance evaluations, assessments, organizational learning, and collaboration among USAID and its implementing partners.
This is a long-term position based in Tanzania, expected to start in mid-2022.
- Plan, design, and implement GIS and data visualization priorities in collaboration with the Tanzania MEL activity technical team, including integrating GIS across monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning activities.
- Provide technical advice on the management (collection and processing) of geographic and alphanumeric information, as well as the processing and interpretation of aerial photos or satellite images.
- Supervise the implementation of spatial and non-spatial analysis, and generate respective cartographic and/or information visualization products.
- Collaboratively develop strategies to use GIS data outputs, infographics, analytics, and data visualization into various content and product delivery.
- Review and provide technical guidance on Tanzania MEL activity infographics, charts, maps, and other visual content for proposals, publications, marketing materials, and other documents.
- Produce content for reports, events, success stories, and other communication products, individually or in collaboration with others.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party or designated supervisor.
- A master’s degree in geographic information systems, spatial analysis, or social science that emphasizes GIS and data visualization.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in managing GIS databases with advanced working knowledge of GIS.
- Advanced knowledge of software for data visualization and GIS, such as ESRI ArcGIS, R, D3, Quantum GIS, Tableau, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Knowledge of various qualitative and quantitative data analysis software and relevant experience using GIS software (ArcGIS, QGIS), Python, R, databases, and geodatabases
- Strong skills with the creation of GIS products
- Excellent proficiency with Internet-based GIS solutions
- Familiarity with basic data visualization principles and approaches, as well as USAID graphic design standards
- Familiarly with USAID’s program cycle (ADS 201), current ADS related to Information Resources Management and Evaluation Policy preferred
- Strong ability to provide intermittent technical assistance and capacity building to a high-performance team on a remote basis
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Local consultants are encouraged to apply.
- Reports to: Chief of Party
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th October, 2021.