Girls Education Program Officer at Room to Read
- Company: Room to Read
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Pwani Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Girl Education Program Officer will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Room to Read’s Girls Education Program (GEP), including planning, implementing, and monitoring and quality assurance of the program both at the Country Office and at the field level. The incumbent will be constantly engaged in working to improve the Girls Education Program in all working district ensuring that Girls Education Program is effectively and timely implemented. This position requires skills in Project Management, Training and facilitation, alternative education program, Life Skills, Networking, Budgeting, and Supervising. The Program Officer will directly report to the Field Operations Manager and will supervise Social Mobilizers. This position is based in the field office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organize and oversee the complete process of setting up Room to Read Girls Education Program (Girls Education Program). Collaborate with other Room to Read Tanzania Girls Education Program staff to update the Operational Plan on an annual basis along with the budgeting for the coming year.
- Lead the Annual Planning and Budgeting (AP&B) process for the Girls’ Education Program operations.
- Identify, engage, and assess schools interested in Girls Education Program and formulate strategies for implementation Schedule and conduct regular one on one meetings, mid-year performance review and annual performance review to monitor the girls’ progress and address issues as they arise.
- Train and supervise Girls Education Program field-based committees and social mobilizers to ensure that they are able to support the girls and complete their roles effectively.
- Visit project schools as needed to supervise program activities at the sites and organize discussions with school management teams and local authorities.
- Gather feedback and ensure that schools and communities deliver on their portion of the challenge grant and on all terms of agreement with Room to Read.
- Complete detailed and accurate written reports in a timely manner to Regional and Global Offices as required. Participate in any other activities, which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
- Establish and manage relationships with other NGOs, government officials and local educational facilities/authorities; schedule and attend meetings with them to coordinate planning and implementation of projects.
- Develop and facilitate capacity building training for Social Mobilizers (SMs), NGOs, Partners representatives, team members, girls, parents and the community at large. Represent Room to Read at relevant meetings.
- Provide regular updates on program activities and plans at regular meetings with Tanzania Country Office management staff
- Document best practices and lessons learned during field work and share with other project sites, relevant local staff, the Country Director and appropriate Regional and United States based Global Program Officers
- Collect data and conduct data entry into the Global Solution Database system
- Participate in developing Quarter and Annual report on timely basis
- Develop and submit Monthly/Quarterly Cash forecast on timely basis
- On monthly basis, develop Field staff fund request and submit expense reports on their behalf
- Support Girls Education Program Manager on development/ review of new content modules – contextualization
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Gender, psychology, humanity, or any other Social Sciences degree
- Certification in Life skills training is an added advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience in girls’ education field
- Strong coaching, mentoring, and training and presentation skills
- Experience working with NGOs
- Effective English communication skills (oral and written) and capability to relate and interact with multicultural teams and represent the organization in professional forums
- Willingness to work with strict deadlines
- Ability to conduct training as a trainer
- Ability to travel frequently, occasionally on short notice, and, when required, for extended periods of time
- Supervisory experience.
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
- Effectiveness in working or volunteering in a non-profit organization that is focused on maintaining high quality work and low overhead
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented global or regional organization
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiatives.
- Report writing experience
Room to Read offers a competitive pay with excellent benefits. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
Tanzania – Kibaha
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 16th March, 2022.