GHS Project HIS Officer at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: GHS PROJECT HIS OFFICER
Project: GHS PROJEC
Location: DAR ES SALAAM
Reports to: GHS PROJECT MANAGER
The GHS Health Information System (HIS) Officer is MDH’s overall technical lead in all matters pertaining to GHS HIS. She/ He provides technical leadership and oversight of HIS including capacity building of site on HIS and networking design, integration, monitoring and evaluation of surveillance, and Lab key program indicators, as well as documenting and report preparation. Will spearhead collaboration with other program and government staff at the region, relevant ministries and MDH HQ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The project HIS officer is responsible to define technical requirements (both functional and nonfunctional requirements) to guide interoperability of the Lab, EBS, POE and Alert Management Teams.
- Translate clients’ business requirements and objectives into technical applications and solutions
- Coordinate integration, updating eIDSR to accommodate Lab, port of entry (POE), event based surveillance (EBS), uploading eIDSR into MOHCDGEC website.
- Support the development and implementation of ICT solutions to ensure the shared information meets the need of IDSR, EBS, POE and Lab.
- Perform software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
- Work with MOHCDGEC and PORALG to strengthen eIDSR at the National Hospital, Regional Referral Hospital and refugee camps in the selected/identified regions.
- Support Link POE into eIDSR system.
- Ensure interoperability of ICT solutions with the country DHIS2, call centre, alert management desks.
- Oversee the work of ICT contractor to support eIDSR.
- Support the establishment of shared eIDSR system to accommodate new IDSR diseases/events/indicators.
- Oversee link of laboratory data with eIDSR at selected facilities.
- In collaboration with MOHCDGE/PORALG develop relevant SOPs (alert, signal management)
- Enhance reliability and reach of ICT services and ability of key personnel to access all health information and system for planning, management and decision making.
- In collaboration with MOHCDGE/PORALG support training of users for effective utilization of deployed systems.
- Any other job-related responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- BSc Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent degree from a recognized institution.
- 3+ years of applicable work experience in software design and coding, familiar with health management information systems.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Technical knowledge in determining end-to-end software requirements specification and design.
- Working knowledge of various software languages [PHP (mandatory), Java (mandatory), C/C++, .NET, Python] will be added advantage.
- Advanced knowledge in DHTML, HTML5, CSS & CSS3, Java Script, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, SAPUI5 Photoshop, and Responsive Web Design will be added advantage.
- Practical skills on Object Oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD).
- Hands-on experience with development in Java/JEE environments, hands-on experience with Jenkins, Git, Junit.
- Experience in Spring Framework (Spring MVC) and other similar application development frameworks.
- Experience/knowledge on JSON, XML, and other similar data exchange protocols.
- Sound knowledge in: Git, Grid System (Sussy Grid), Node JS, AngularJS, Gulp JS, SASS, Twitter Bootstrap, and Bower will be added advantage.
- Experience/knowledge on AngularJS and other front-end development languages and tools.
- Strong knowledge on MySQL and Postgre SQL Database Management Systems. Knowledge on MS SQL Server, Oracle and other DBMS will be added advantage.
- Possession of a relevant recognized ICT professional certification will be an added advantage.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 10th March 2021, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail [email protected] Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note MDH don’t have any recruitment agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates