Geotechnical Technicians at North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Company: North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Geotechnical Technicians to join North Mara team. The successful candidates for these positions will provide support to North Mara Team to ensure that Geotechnical Objectives met and are associated with the business plans and programs are implemented in accordance with Barrick Safety Standards and Best Practices as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies.
The position will report to Geotechnical Engineer. This is a permanent role.
- Conduct ground condition and support installation inspections/audits to ensure compliance to support standards.
- Conduct pre-stopping inspections for input into the stope note process and audit reports to accompany mining instructions.
- Conducting routine down-hole borehole surveys of paste holes and report on observed conditions.
- Conduct weekly pull tests on installed support to ensure that the support conforms to the required anchor capacity and to ensure that the number of pull tests complies with the 1% as stipulated in the Ground Control Management Plan.
- Conduct mapping and core logging and updating of the geotechnical model database with this information.
- Identifying and reporting any substandard performances and/or behavior about ground support.
- Provides ground control training for induction and ganger courses.
- Collect ground-monitoring data and keep accurate records.
- Conduct paste fill QA/QC test work in the laboratory including UCS testing of paste fill samples, moisture content measurements, sieve analysis for paste fill tailings samples.
- Ensure adherence to geotechnical standard operating procedures and all relevant company procedures
- Produce weekly and monthly reports on all geotechnical issues / activities identified on the mining cycle, with appropriate recommendations where required.
- Diploma in Mining Engineering/Geology/Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-years’ experience in an underground mining environment.
- Must have a valid Tanzania driving license and able to drive a light vehicle in underground environment.
- Knowledge of any relevant geotechnical or mining design software will add advantage.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office suite of computer programs.
- Must have practiced geotechnical engineering during and after obtaining formal education.
- Knowledge of underground mapping and core logging techniques.
- Basic understanding of Geotechnical Software: DIPS, UnWedge, RS2.
- Basic understanding of mine design software: Surpac, Deswik CAD.
- Physical fitness to be able to work in an underground mining environment..
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to interpret mine layouts.
- Must have sufficient communication skills.
- Committed to quality service to all customers.
- Flexible and performance orientated.
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME Indicating the role title “GEOTECHNICAL TECHNICIAN” in the subject of your email. Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected] If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking. Please forward applications before 27th April 2022.
BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through http://www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.