Geotechnical Technician at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine Jobs in Tanzania - Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
JOB ADVERT – GEOTECHNICAL TECHNICIAN (1 VACANCY)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Geotechnical Technicians to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and on a practical note this position requires to perform all underground geotechnical inspections/audits to ensure compliance to support standards as stipulated in the Ground Control Management Plan.
Reporting to: Geotechnical Section Leader
- Conduct ground condition and support installation inspections/audits to ensure compliance to support standards
- Conduct pre-stoping audit reports to accompany mining instructions
- Conduct routine down-hole borehole surveys of paste holes and report on observed conditions
- Conduct weekly pull tests on installed support to ensure that the support conforms to the required anchor capacity and to ensure that the number of pull tests complies with the 1% as stipulated in the Ground Control Management Plan
- Conduct mapping and core logging and updating of the geotechnical model database with this information
- Identifying and reporting any substandard performances and/or behavior with regards to ground support
- Ensure adherence to geotechnical standard operating procedures and all relevant company procedures
- Provide ground control training for induction and leaders courses
- Collect ground monitoring data and keep accurate records
- Diploma in Mining Engineering/ Geology/Civil or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in underground mining environment
- Must have a valid Tanzania driving license and able to drive a light vehicle in underground environment
- Must have sufficient communication skills
- Able to maintain accurate records and reports
- Ability to interpret mine layouts
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili
- Knowledge of any relevant geotechnical or mining design software is beneficial.
- Must have practiced geotechnical engineering during and after obtaining formal education.
- Knowledge of underground mapping and core logging techniques.
- Proficiency in mine design software, Mine CAD, Desiwk
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th March, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE