Geotechnical Superintendent at North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Company: North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit Geotechnical Superintendent to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About North Mara
The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in Tarime district of Mara region. It is around 100 kilometers east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometers south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabigena (open pit).
- Providing geotechnical input into the mining & mine planning process
- Maintain the mine’s Ground Control Management Plan, with regular updates to the Ground Control Management Plan document.
- Geotechnical stope designs
Design of stope and development support e.g., primary support & cable bolt layouts.
- Design, installation, evaluation & analysis of underground stability monitoring systems.
- Maintaining a 3D Geotechnical block model (mining rock mass model) for stope stability and ground support evaluations.
- Maintaining a Life of Mine stress model and utilising the model for stope sequencing, evaluation of seismic risk & recommendations to mitigate geotechnical risks that might arise during the LOM.
- Raise bore stability analysis.
- Pillar design & analysis.
- Backfill exposure stability analysis.
- Rock mass & structural logging data analysis & validation.
- Ground support project costing, budgeting & management of change.
Hydrogeological work – design and monitoring of hydrogeological systems & analysis of technical reports.
- Training of Geotechnical Engineers.
- Collecting, analyzing and interpreting geotechnical data.
- Ensuring the production team adheres to the approved mine ground support standards.
- Ensuring ground control audits and quality assurance programs are carried out regularly and documented.
- Reviewing standard ground support profiles.
- Maintaining adequate stocks of ground support consumables on site.
- Providing monthly consumption reports on ground support installed.
- Ensuring ground control training programmes are carried out where required.
- Managing ground support trials and making recommendations on their performance (pull testing of installed ground supports).
- Ensuring all significant ground falls are inspected and reported.
- Advising on ground control matters and generating relevant/specific ground control designs.
- Generate weekly and end of monthly Geotechnical reports.
- Promote health and safety in the workplace.
- Compliance with all statutory regulations and procedures.
- Compliance with all the Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Always establish and meet timelines.
- Upward reporting as required.
- Responsible for design approval, site inspection, monitoring, interpreting, evaluating, maintaining, and reporting.
- Ensure pit designs are supported with quality and adequate geological and geotechnical data.
- Perform return stability analysis (kinematic, Limiting Equilibrium, and numerical) to proactively identify potential instabilities and recommends measure to prevent such inabilities from occurring.
- Must have a tertiary qualification in Mining, Geology or Geotechnical Engineering.
- Good understanding of trackless moving & drilling equipment.
- Computer literacy (Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and Database programmes).
Experience and Competencies needed.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in underground mining operations.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in open pit mining operations.
- Good understanding of mining processes.
- Knowledge of underground & open pit mining techniques and trackless equipment employed
- Knowledge of geotechnical software such as Map3D, Phase2, Dips, Slide3, UnWedge, RocData, FLAC3D, GEM4D.
- Knowledge of mine design software such as SURPAC, Deswik CAD, Aegis & Studio-UG.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Sound judgment and analytical skills.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th July, 2023.