Geotechnical Superintendent at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
GEOTECHNICAL SUPERINTENDENT (1 VACANCY)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit a Geotechnical Superintendent to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
- Work in compliance with ISO 14001 and 45001 Standards
- Providing geotechnical input into the mining & mine planning process
- Maintain the Mine’s Ground Control Management Plan, with regular updates to the Ground Control Management Plan document.
- Geotechnical stope designs
- Design of stope and development support e.g. primary support & cable bolt layouts
- Design, installation, evaluation & analysis of underground stability monitoring systems
- Maintaining a 3D Geotechnical block model (mining rock mass model) for stope stability and ground support evaluations
- Maintaining a Life of Mine stress model & utilizing the model for stope sequencing, evaluation of seismic risk & recommendations to mitigate geotechnical risks that might arise during the LOM.
- Raisebore stability analysis
- Pillar design & analysis
- Backfill model analysis.
- Rock mass & structural logging data analysis & validation
- Ground support project costing, budgeting & management of change
- Training of Geotechnical Engineers
- Hydrogeological work – design and monitoring of hydrogeological systems & analysis of technical reports
- Collecting, analyzing and interpreting geotechnical data
- Ensuring the production team adheres to the approved mine ground support standards.
- Ensuring ground control audits and quality assurance programs are carried out regularly and documented.
- Reviewing standard ground support profiles
- Maintaining adequate stocks of ground support consumables on site
- Providing monthly consumption reports on ground support installed
- Ensuring ground control training programmes are carried out where required.
- Managing ground support trials and making recommendations on their performance (pull testing of installed ground supports)
- Ensuring all significant ground falls are inspected and reported.
- Advising on ground control matters and generating relevant/specific ground control designs
- Generate weekly and end of month Geotechnical reports.
- Promote health and safety in the workplace.
- Compliance with all statutory regulations and procedures
- Compliance with all the Company’s Policies and Procedures
- Establish and meet timelines at all times.
- Upward reporting as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering or Geological Engineering Degree preferably with a specialization in Ground Control, Geotechnical Engineering or Rock Mechanics.
Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in an underground mining environment.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years post graduate industry underground mining experience preferably in precious metals using narrow vein long hole stoping.
- Proficiency with geotechnical design software such as FLAC3D, Dips, UnWedge, RS2, RS3, Map3D and Deswik mine design
- Proficiency with Ticker3D, Trace and mXrap
- Able to work safely and not create or ignore hazards.
- Able to maintain accurate records and reports.
- Ability to interpret mine layouts.
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization
Please forward applications before 5th December 2023
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th November, 2023.