Geotechnical Engineers at North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Company: North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Geotechnical Engineers to join North Mara team. The successful candidates for these positions will provide support to North Mara Team to ensure that Geotechnical Objectives met and are associated with the business plans and programs are implemented in accordance with Barrick Safety Standards and Best Practices as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies.
The position will report to MRM Manager. This is a permanent role.
- Using geotechnical mapping and logging to classify rock mass and hence apply the same data on stope design and mine layouts to ensure that ore extraction proceeds promptly and safely.
- Using structural stability methods, empirical assessment and numerical modelling to arrive at ultimate support systems and determine optimum pillar sizes and stopping sequences to ensure stability of underground workings.
- Advising and assisting mine-operating officials on ground control methods to ensure optimum utilization of the available ore reserves and human resources engaged in ground control activities.
- Carrying out regular monitoring of support systems (e.g. pull tests) to ensure that the recommended support is adhered.
- Measuring of rock strength, rock stress changes, deformation and monitoring seismic activity using different rock mechanics instrumentation to ensure stability of underground and surface workings.
- Ensure Geotechnical staff, well trained to improve on the quality of services offered to the mining department and ensure compliance with Barrick policies and procedures.
- Regularly update the Ground Control Management Plan (GCMP) to improve the quality of service offered to the mining department.
- Designing and monitoring of ground support, backfill systems, and geotechnical instrumentation systems.
- Reporting in writing on geotechnical analyses, risk assessments and inspections.
- Liaising with external mining consultants.
- Collecting, analyzing and reporting of geotechnical data.
- Assist Geotechnical Superintendent to complete North Mara employee’s performance management processes.
- Act as a liaison between mine planning and operations departments coordinating rock-engineering efforts towards achieving short-term objectives.
- Bachelor Degree of Science in Mining Engineering or Geological Engineering preferably with a specialization in Ground Control, Geotechnical Engineering or Rock Mechanics.
- Minimum 3 year experience in underground mining environment
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years post graduate industry underground mining experience preferably in precious metals using narrow vein long hole stopping.
- Must have a valid Tanzania driving license and able to drive a light vehicle in underground environment.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have good operating knowledge and interpretation skill of popular numerical modelling tools such as DIPS, UNWEDGE, MAP3D and RS2.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills with contractors and mine personnel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Swahili.
- Able to work safely and not create or ignore hazards.
- High degree of patience and tolerance.
- Must have sufficient communication skills.
- Able to maintain accurate records and reports.
- Ability to interpret mine layouts.
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME Indicating the role title “GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER” in the subject of your email. Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected] If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 27th April, 2022. BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through http://www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.