Geotechnical Engineer at AngloGold Ashanti
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Geotechnical Engineer
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Reporting to: Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Number of Positions: One (01)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
It is a full time role with roster-based travel to the company’s exploration projects across Tanzania. The role holder will provide a comprehensive support service for field exploration programs, addressing logistical and service-related issues through their gained experience. Focuses time and energy on tasks with a targeted completion time of 1 day up to 3 months.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc Hons) or Master of Science in Geotechnical Engineering.
- Medically fit to work in remote locations with limited medical facilities.
- Must have a valid Tanzanian driving license.
- Must have the ability to drive manual transmission Light vehicles.
- Geita Greenfields Mineral Exploration Limited is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant exploration experience in the mining industry. Greenfields exploration experience will be an added advantage.
- Excellent Technical know-how on Drill core processing, AC and RC pick-up.
- Excellent knowledge on Site rehabilitation.
ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES AND OUTPUT:
- Demonstrate and encourage a proactive safety culture within the team and the organisation.
- Ensure rapid and effective communication of any significant incidents to your manager.
- Implement and enforce Greenfields’ protocols and procedures to safely manage all operations.
- Monitor and recommend improvements to enhance the effectiveness of the safety management system and requisite behaviours and practices.
- Identify safety risks and resolve emerging issues, escalating issues and safety risks that impact other areas.
- Ensure appropriate resources are applied to achieve safety objectives.
- Model behaviour consistent with the AGA Safety Vision, Values and Procedures.
- Monitor the performance of staff, contractors, and consultants to ensure activities comply with vision, values, and standards. Take appropriate action to address the issues identified.
- Support the implementation of the Major Hazard Control Standard to ensure critical controls are implemented, maintained, and monitored as required.
- Ensure relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are followed when undertaking routine work and Take5s are completed before undertaking non-routine activities.
- Participate in Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) when requested.
- Leadership and Communication
- Monitor performance of self and peers to ensure activities comply with vision, values, standards, and procedures. Report any issues identified.
- Support the Exploration Supervisor to ensure efficient and prompt communication of any changes, issues, or other areas of interest relevant to reporting or support groups.
- Promote effective team communication to maximise team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Proactively develop and maintain good relations with communities:
- Recognise the stakeholders (internal and external) who are impacted by their work.
- Seek advice regarding engagement with stakeholders.
- Foster a positive team environment.
- Planning and Supervision
- Assist with implementing systems, processes and procedures required to achieve efficiency and effectiveness of the exploration team.
- Maintain open 2-way communication for continual improvement of processes and procedures.
- Look for ways to optimise processes and procedures.
- To provide on-ground support to the exploration team through:
- Preparation for field sampling and drill programs.
- Collection and submission of samples.
- Minimise wastage.
- Installation and provisioning of suitable camp facilities when required.
- Ensure all exploration activities/tasks are conducted according to the requirements of the relevant work programme or as requested by the appropriate manager.
- Actively participate in daily pre-start meetings and perform Take 5’s before undertaking new or changed tasks.
- Fill requirements to support drilling operations.
- Consider safety, environment and cultural heritage while undertaking duties.
- Ensure that the work program is understood before starting work.
- Ensure that the necessary skills, knowledge, and training to complete allocated tasks have been acquired.
- Ensure safe and adequate field facilities and supplies.
- Establish, maintain and re-supply remote operations to a standard that ensures acceptable levels of safety, hygiene, comfort, and pollution prevention.
- Monitor stock of all exploration programmes, including water, fuel, food supplies and other consumables.
- Ensure all exploration field activities are managed in a cost-efficient manner.
- Conduct or participate in emergency response drills and training.
- Corporate Governance
- Ensure the team maintains the required permits, certifications, and licenses to perform their role.
- Continually reinforce the requirement to conduct activities in accordance with stated values, policies & procedures, and legislative requirements.
- Adhere to cost budget control requirements.
- Ensure you and your team comply with all legal and statutory requirements applicable to the role, including:
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Community legislation and regulations.
- United States Sarbanes Oxley Act, 2002 (as applicable).
- Comply with all applicable AGA policies and procedures.
- At all times, act in accordance with AGA’s Values.
- Good awareness and ability to manage workplace safety, health, and environmental requirements.
- High degree of organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to report and present technical and administrative results and issues.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th July, 2023.